Wholesaling as a whole....is fake

Wholesaling as a whole....is fake

Dover, DE · Member since 2016 · 86 posts · 32 votes

As a business owner already, I have seen many say, "You are so young, how did you start?" "Where did you get the funds to do it?" or "Where did you learn what you know about business?"

I answer all the questions as honestly as possible, give them the path to do something similar if they want to, and then help them along their way when they ask for it.

Yet as emails eventually begin to go un-answered, loaned out books tend to stop getting read, and invitations to seminars or groups seem to be forgotten, I have found that people simply are not motivated. They catch a glimer in their eyes when they see success and want to know how to do it to. But it only takes one tough day, one early morning, or a simple realization that what they are doing may be tough, to make them quit all together.

That leads me to "wholesalers".  

The flakes of the Real Estate world.

I say this with a grain of salt, being that I myself have wholesaled deals, and I have met some of the hardest working, truly motivated individuals who are wholesalers themselves.

But I would generously say that out of the 10 people who say they are wholesalers that only 1 has ever done, or ever will do, a deal. 

Why is this?

How do people see the light and turn away?

They want to be financially free, but can't accept a challenge?

Is it only my generation, the millennials, that feel everything will be easy?

They say they want to be millionaires one day, but only have the mindset of an average man. 

Average minds don't make millions.

Average minds do not chase their dreams, make it to where they wanted to be, and then keep going.

Why is it that when someone is given a blue print to success (List of Books, Unlimited RE knowledge of BP, etc.) that they think "one day" there will be a better opportunity to start?

I do not understand. 

I say this all in light of losing my job, and continuing.

Of cutting ties with people that were dragging me down.

Rising at 5 each morning to better myself. 

Of doing what SUCCESSFUL people say to do.

Why NOT follow the path that has proven time and time again to work?

I do not understand.

I am simply tired of talking to people that want me "to join a buyer's list for great deals" and then not hear from them again. 

I am also sad, to see that this generation thinks this world is going to hand itself over to them. 

Not just wholesalers, but lack of motivation in general.

Whether or not you wanna be rich, simply get by, or have some other goal. Why not chase it with everything you have?

I simply want to be financially free. Not rich. Just comfortable. And to MOST of all, do what I love.

Because if you do not love what you do, you won't succeed, 

Why would you have the gift of life, and not try to embrace it?

That is my vent. 

So what do you think?

Does this subject frustrate anyone else?

What is your opinion?

7Reply
114 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2016 · 271 posts · 144 votes
10y

I think your thread is mistitled. It should read "Winners win and Losers lose...in any field". 20% of the people will always do 80% of the work in any field.

See this reply in the discussion

51 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Julian, NC · Member since 2016 · 78 posts · 100 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Max Householder:

    When it comes down to it, people are animals and our animal DNA pushes us to survive through the least amount of effort possible. A wild cat has the ability to eat, drink, and defend itself for its entire lifetime, but bring it indoors and feed it for a few weeks and it won't leave because well heck, life is a heck of a lot easier in here with this person doing everything for me. People today can eat without ever cooking, let alone hunting or farming, sleep without ever building a house, and chores like washing and cleaning involve pretty much setting timers and pushing buttons or hiring someone to do it for you. If you can't get a job to afford any of those things, no bother, we've got programs that will steal from productive people to buy them for you.

    This is was makes entrepreneurs unique. They're like the wild cats who might be raised in the domesticated life, but never fit in and eventually and turn away because while it might be more work, the life outside brings with it so much more freedom. Most people are just house cats who are born, schooled, and trained to be behave well while domesticated and then go on with a fairly structured and comfortable life that lacks any real freedom. Like the house cat, they might tire of the lack of freedom from time to time and make a break for the door when they see the shiny light outside, but they will be howling out on the back steps a few hours later once they get hungry or it starts to rain.

    My point is, don't be surprised that most people don't want to do the work it takes to live a life of freedom. This is not to say that making the choice to live a structured life as an employee is wrong or less fulfilling in any way. Heck, it's the life I live right now. That being said, those of you trying to teach others about the other way to do it, don't be shocked when you lead horse after horse to water and they refuse to drink. It's not just millennials or "kids these days". There are centuries of human social evolution and programming that's gone into making the majority of people behave the way that they do. One book or one podcast isn't going to undo all of that. Frustrating as it may be, just try to lead by example, produce good content, answer questions when asked, and let people make the decisions they want to. They might not be better off for ignoring your good advice, but at least you'll feel sane at the end of the day!

     So, so true Garrison!  You hit the nail on the head so to speak.  Entrepreneurs are a "special" breed!  The ability to think out of the box, creativity, endurance, perseverance, adaptability, personable, a workhorse and so much more!  I have never "fit in" growing up!  I was always ahead of my peers and was considered a "visionary".  I thought most people thought the way that I did... boy was I wrong!   But I like you ending statement, "let people make the decisions they want to".  We do have free will and are free to choose how we desire to live.  I'm an overachiever and get bored easily, thus I've always had some type of entrepreneurial endeavor going on.  I love the thrill of accomplishment and producing what may seem unproducible to the average person.  It has worked for me and continues to work.  There will always be those who are doers and those who sit on the sidelines wishing and hoping.  I simply love your straightforward, direct and truthful comment!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.