Real Estate Agent · Saint Louis Park, MN · Member since 2015 · 213 posts · 82 votes
9y
In a nutshell, any investor looking for a specific property will buy from any source - MLS, wholesaler, etc. The deal has to be right for that investor, and if it is, and the seller gets out of a home, the wholesaler makes a cut for finding the deal and getting under contract, and the buyer gets an investment property - it can be a win all around.
Wholesaling is a tough thing to do well, as you have to know a lot about comps, neighborhood, how to attract people to contact you somehow with off market homes, and how to look at a home and estimate rehab costs accurately. A lot of gurus will sell people the idea that you can wholesale properties with no money, which is what causes a lot of people who do it to be complete garbage who have no idea what they are doing.
If someone is a buy and hold person, or maybe a flipper, and they have a great deal brought to them... why wouldn't they take it? Ultimately, it's the end buyer's risk to purchase the home, regardless of source, and they should always do their due diligence as well and not just trust that someone isn't trying to sell them a bad deal made to look good.
Not a direct answer, and not from a wholesaler as I'm a Realtor, but hopefully my two cents help.
Flipper/Rehabber · Madison, WI · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 27 votes
9y
I think people put too much emphasis on the title "Wholesaler" I'd buy from one if the deal is good, I'd buy off the MLS if the deal made sense for my company as well, the reason I buy doesn't change because of the person's title.