Negotiating prices without involving the realtor.

Negotiating prices without involving the realtor.

La Place, LA · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 1 vote

If a home owner has a listed real estate agent, can I still bargain and negotiate directly with the home owner for a lower price? 

0Reply
50 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
9y

I did that a few years ago. I didn't cut the agent out of the commission, but we seemed to have communication problems and since I knew where the owner lived and had met him before, I just went to his house and we discussed why he wanted to sell the way he wanted to and what his motivation was etc and we came to an agreement, I wrote the offer through the agent and we closed.

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Garden City, NY · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Tax delinquent lists are held at the county level. In theory, you can go to the county office to get it, but most county people won't exactly know what you're talking about. However, when properties come up for tax auctions, then the list of delinquent properties is available. The trick is to get the list before the auctions come up so you can approach the individual owners about their situation. I've had a couple neighbors lose their properties over being in arrears on taxes. Traditionally, people would go to the county tax assessor and do the research. How that is done depends on the county and what records are searchable.

    An equity mailing list is when you're looking for properties that have a certain percentage of equity like 20%-40% so you can target them for direct mailings.

  • La Place, LA · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    @Steven Leigh @Christopher Phillips

    Thank you both for all the info. But, one more thing. Do you guys have any quick tips or anything to advise me (a 17 yr old man) since I'm just starting?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.