Wholesale mentor - Investor Grit? Tom Krol, should I pay?

Wholesale mentor - Investor Grit? Tom Krol, should I pay?

Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2016 · 61 posts · 86 votes

Has anyone been mentored by Investor Grit? Tom Krol's interview on BiggerPockets was the first one I watched, so bc he was "endorsed" by BP who is against get rich quick schemes and expensive gurus I am wondering if any of you have been mentored by his program? 

0Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Commack, NY · Member since 2008 · 110 posts · 42 votes
9y

Everyone needs a mentor. The key is to make sure your mentor is the right fit. I have paid thousands of dollars for people who I actually knew more than..was a complete joke and I was extremely disappointed. Make sure you ask questions about your learning style, how they will be there to support you, ect...A Great Mentor is Priceless, but the wrong one is a waste of money. ASK Questions!

Hope that helps! Good Luck!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2015 · 20 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    I've also contemplated paying for coaching with Investor Grit or another. Would love to hear the responses! Thanks for posting!

  • Real Estate Agent · Commack, NY · Member since 2008 · 110 posts · 42 votes
    9y

    Everyone needs a mentor. The key is to make sure your mentor is the right fit. I have paid thousands of dollars for people who I actually knew more than..was a complete joke and I was extremely disappointed. Make sure you ask questions about your learning style, how they will be there to support you, ect...A Great Mentor is Priceless, but the wrong one is a waste of money. ASK Questions!

    Hope that helps! Good Luck!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 34 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    Have you tried finding a mentor at a local REI meeting? The partners I like to work with best are the people that I can meet face to face!

    While it would be nice to have a mentor who you can text and call, I don't think that it's nearly as good as a mentor who is in your area, knows the local market, and is willing to work face to face with you on your deals. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 48 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    I've also  considering  paying for coaching with Investor Grit or another.  I posted  forum discussion but I have not heard anything  yet  . I have no idea how much they  charge???  I Would love to hear the responses! Thanks for posting!

  • Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2016 · 61 posts · 86 votes
    9y

    They charge like $5000, I know I would learn alot, I just don't have that extra right now.... I reached out to a local wholesaler who knows his stuff and he gave me some first steps and a lay of the land around me....

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.