Aspiring Atlanta Wholesaler with 2-3 Yr Growth Plan

Aspiring Atlanta Wholesaler with 2-3 Yr Growth Plan

Dacula, GA · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Hello everyone!

Brand new member, pretty long-time BP reader/listener.  I'm an aspiring wholesaler, with goals of transitioning into buy & hold investment in 2-3 years. 

My question is: Beyond my background listed below, how can I set myself up for success? I take consistent, hard work as a part of the process, so I'm hoping for insight & tips from those experienced in my market.

My general market is Atlanta, and I have particular interest in specializing in the s-SW area in B-C communities that are poised for turnaround. My background is in Finance and Marketing; I studied RE investing briefly in undergrad. In 2007-2008, I worked directly with a NE Atlanta mortgage broker and learned the ropes of underwriting. Because RE investment is my primary long-term business goal, I'm constantly continuing to educate myself, and am hoping to start building relationships with professionals.

Thank you for reading, and replying!

0Reply
28 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Playa del Carmen, México · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Welcome @Kelsei Sa. You're definitely in the right place: BP is a great resource!

    My proposed aspiring wholesaler success plan:

    • You should be on the mailing list of every wholesaler with deals in your area. There are many of them!
    • You should be a member of every real estate investor association (REIA) that it makes sense for you. At very least, you should join Georgia REIA and Atlanta REIA.
    • You should be attending as many monthly wholesaler networking events and meetups as you can.

    I wholesale and buy-and-hold here in Atlanta as well. We should probably connect.

  • Real Estate Investor · Cumming, GA · Member since 2016 · 60 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    @Mitch Messer Add me to your list please.  I would like to keep up to date on whats available.

  • Lender · Playa del Carmen, México · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Kenneth Johnson Gladly, just message me your email address and I'll get you added.

  • Dacula, GA · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Hi @Mitch Messer:

    Thank you for the warm welcome! I was nervous no one would reply because I'm new. I'd definitely like to connect and I've been looking into the local REIAs to choose one to focus on and become involved in. 

    My goal is to be coachable, grow my network, and learn while doing. I look forward to crossing paths very soon!

  • Oceanside, CA · Member since 2016 · 35 posts · 30 votes
    9y

    Welcome to the community. 

    From the perspective of a buyer who looks to wholesalers, you can set yourself up for success by finding true deals and matching that deal to the right buyer. Use the detailed approach of underwriting and apply that to analyzing a deal. Be conservative on ARVs and have a quick and fairly accurate means of ball parking rehab costs. Once your deal flow starts bringing in regular leads you will have the tools to put together a solid package for your targeted buyers. If you provide honest and accurate deal analysis and your deals are good then you should not need a large list of buyers. 

    What do you see as the turning point into buy and hold? A dollar amount of capital raised or a certain time in your plan? Just curious. 

    I hope things get going for you and if you have deals, reach out to me and hopefully we can work together. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.