Votes
Alexus McKitric
  • Lexington, KY
Votes |
Where to start? Wholesaling/ Real Estate Investing

Alexus McKitric
  • Lexington, KY
Posted Jun 25 2017, 13:23
Hi my name is Alexus McKitric and I live in Lexington, KY. I moved to Lexington a little over a year ago, to be closer to my job. For the last 2 years, I have been working in the medical field as a CMA. But this past week, I've decided to focus soley on my passion/ dreams.. Therefore, I will no longer be working in a doctor's office. Since middle school, I have always known, I wanted to be involved in real estate and interior design. Due to me having my son, a few months after graduating high school; I had to find a career where I knew I could find work and that would also bring a decent income, into the household. I spent 2 1/2 years in college on/off, before starting in yet another program, to obtain my CMA. In between that time, I also attended a Fortune Builders seminar, completed step 1 of 3, in order to obtain my real estates license and have also had meetings with real estate investors/ owners.. I never lost the hope to pursue that dream, but at that time, my vision was unclear, as to what exactly I wanted to do. Now that I have put myself into a position, to where I am now forced to stay focused, I know what I want more than anything. My goals are to become an interior designer and also offer furniture restoration services and to also become a real estate investor. Now I know that may sound like a lot to take on and a bit all over the place, but hear me out.. Being that it takes a little more time to build clientele, being a designer, I feel as if, it would be smart, for me to go ahead an make a name for myself, by flipping antique pieces of furniture and while advertising, mention that I also offer interior design services. Being that I don't have a portfolio, maybe the first 5 people to reach out, could get their services done for free, in order for me to build that. But I don't want to just stop there! I want to take on bigger projects, which is why, real estate investing, is a smart market to get into. Being that I don't want to have to wait, for the income from designing to start rolling in, in order to start flipping houses, I feel it would also make sense, to start out with wholesaling, in order to build finances to flip. But that's an area, I hadn't once considered, so I don't know much about. I did have a meeting with a good friend of mine and learned quiet a bit! But I'm still a little unsure, of exactly that 1st step. How do I go about finding motivated/ distressed home owners? How do I go about finding buyers/ investors? Just overall, important things to know, before getting your 1st deal... Once I have done enough contract deals, to start flipping, I feel, this is where all of the businesses can tie together and I can offer my design services, to the future home owners, of the investment properties! So although my plan seems a bit all over the place now, in the end, everything would come full circle and one business would thrive off the other! Please let me know your thoughts, concerns, questions and just overall advice for my future endeavors! Thank you for your time, Alexus McKitric

Loading replies...