• Real Estate Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
The Walk Through

E. Jacobs
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Mar 21 2010, 04:48

I'm curious if anyone would mind sharing a step-by-step of what you do when you go to meet a potential seller for the first time. How do you dress? What is the first thing you discuss when you walk in? What parts of the house do you look at first? Do you negotiate a price there or tell them you will get back to them? How long are you usually there? What do you bring? Do you take any pictures? With the negotiation being the most important part of doing the deal, I was hoping someone would share their tactics and describe this process in a little bit more detail. I think this would make for a good article! I'm guessing your first discussion would have to be about why they are selling, what is owed on the property, if there are other liens, and what kind of time frame they need to sell in. If your criteria is still met, what happens next? Thanks in advance. I'm really hoping for a detailed response so that I can visualize myself approaching the front door and working out the deal until the time I walk out.

Loading replies...