Rochester, NY · Member since 2017 · 58 posts · 10 votes
Hey everyone,
For those of you who post 'We Buy Houses' ads on craigslist, I'm curious which sections you post in. I'm posting mine under the section and subsection: 'Housing' -> 'Real Estate Wanted'. However, I'm not sure if the people we are trying to target will navigate to this section. I'm wondering if anyone does this strategy and can offer some insight into what sections/categories of craigslist are producing the highest response rate for these type of posts.
Katy, TX · Member since 2017 · 372 posts · 140 votes
8y
No you didn’t
Post it in wanted, for sale, rental... all of them!
Why not? Potential sellers are flipping through it before posting, so are mom and pop landlords. Why limit your exposure? If you are wholesaling you are marketing and if your are marketing you are getting in everyone’s face
Hope this helps
Best of luck
Katy, TX · Member since 2017 · 372 posts · 140 votes
8y
No you didn’t
Post it in wanted, for sale, rental... all of them!
Why not? Potential sellers are flipping through it before posting, so are mom and pop landlords. Why limit your exposure? If you are wholesaling you are marketing and if your are marketing you are getting in everyone’s face
Hope this helps
Best of luck
Real Estate Agent · Grand Junction, CO · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
8y
@Will Stahl I am a Realtor and have a client seeking a specific type of property. I posted an ad in the For Sale By Owner category recently and was very clear that I was a Realtor and no obligation to list the property with me, etc. The ad was tagged by someone and they took it down...
Summerville, SC · Member since 2018 · 553 posts · 252 votes
8y
The 30,000 feet view answer to your question:
Most (not all) folks searching just type stuff in a search field. So, you need to see if doing this action will lead them to your posting. Try it out on craigslist.
I see some posts have advocated for specificity of category in postings, others have recommended the broadcast approach. I would advocate for the experiment I referenced. Some things about Craigslist we need to remember: 1) its free 2) so many sellers and buyers on there aren't the most organized people [this may be because they dont value this free service, and dont give it the seriousness it deserves] 3) Not everyone on there (or any search engine/listing service) is a serious buyer - beware tire kickers. Its like the guy/girl who reads the classifieds over his coffee daily, regardless if they actually want/need the product/service/etc.
Rochester, NY · Member since 2017 · 58 posts · 10 votes
8y
Thanks all for the information. I am going to test out a few key terms in the search bar as well as spread my add across multiple sites. I'll keep an eye out to see if the ads get taken down for any reason.