Building a relationship with Contractors, Attorneys,and Realtors?

Building a relationship with Contractors, Attorneys,and Realtors?

Flipper/Rehabber · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 2 votes
I'm a new investor in the Atlanta area. My company is Family Wealth Builders LLC. When it comes to wholesaling and building a relationship with Contractors, Realtors, and Attorneys. What kind of dialogue or approach do I use being new in the industry and low on funds? I know I'm suppose to create a win win situation for me and them, and also add value to them but how do I bring that up in the conversation?
0Reply
21 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Decatur, GA · Member since 2012 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Terry Bernard Lanier Congrats on taking that step, keep at it and it will yield results. To answer your question, if you are working with attorneys, realtors, and contractors that have been working in their field for years they will know you are  "new to the game." What I have found that should work for you is to find an seasoned investor, and of course shop around for the seasoned investor because not all investment styles or strategies will fit yours, and use their experience to  serve your growth. Watch their interactions with other professionals and take what you can use and practice! If you don't find a seasoned investor rely on then just make as many mistakes as you can until you get it right, preferably not costly mistakes.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    @Quenton Smith I appreciate it Mr. Smith. But when dealing with general Contractors and getting free estimates. How should I Approach them to build a relationship? I'm being taught that they suppose to do free estimates but I also know they dont want me calling left to right asking for free estimates for jobs they not getting paid for and wasting his time. I guess my main issue his how do I get free estimates from contractors with out wasting their time?
  • Decatur, GA · Member since 2012 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Everyone wants some return for their time. It doesn't have to be money, having another job in the horizon is always a good incentive for contractors to waive their estimate fee. Yes you want free estimates but you aren't always get them. With experience you will learn who is worth paying for an estimate and who isn't. My general rule is if I am trying something I have never done or seen done before I will gladly pay for that education by the someone who is a professional. If I am just getting a quote I will shop around until I get enough free credible quotes. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Ithaca, NY · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Terry Bernard LanierBP is a good start, there are plenty of those kinds of people on here. If you're thinking more local then you got to figure out where these guys and gals spend most of their time. Attorneys are at courthouses, Realtors are at Open Houses (the good ones are), Contractor are at job sites.  What do they all have in common - they need clients. Before you approach them, have 5 or 6 people who are in need of their service. 

    Here's your approach:

    "Hi, I'm Terry. I started a company called Family Wealth Builders, we do ________________. We help [insert the group of people you're trying to help] because ____________. I see you specialize in ____________, do you have a minute to tell me more about what you do?"

    If they say yes, listen to what they say. At the closing of your conversation, say something like:

    "Thanks for your time, I have a few people who are in need of your service. Can I get your card so I can send them your way?" 

    9/10 times they will say YES. 

    There's your connection. Good luck man.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    @Nick Rutkowski Thanks Mr. Rutkowski, this is truly helpful and I would put this technique to work. If your ever in the Atlanta area we should have lunch.
  • Rental Property Investor · Ithaca, NY · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Terry Bernard Lanier Any time, it's a simple template but hopefully it's enough for you to build up on. I like BBQ and I know Atlanta is a contender in the BBQ world. (Wink, wink) I was thinking, there should be a local BP Atlanta Forum. Check the local forums and see if you can find some people there, too. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.