Lost job $100 budget

Lost job $100 budget

Specialist · Member since 2019 · 49 posts · 26 votes

So I lost my high paying job and being a single dad my savings disappeared quickly. Boohoo for me right.

So with a $100 shoe string budget to start in NJ how can you go contract without earnest money? The start is usually $1000 I believe.

Last question, in addition to driving for dollars where would you put your last $100 for marketing?

Thanks you to the community, you’re all incredibly empowering!

0Reply
52 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
7y

@David Wrenn. No one else mentioned it, so I guess I’ll do it. You should currently do nothing related to real estate. Go find another job. You want to invest from a position of strength, not weakness.

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Charlotte, NC · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Kurt Michaelson The great thing about my situation is that I am blessed to have a husband that is a long distance, owner operator, who is willing to support my dream!

  • New to Real Estate · Ruston, LA · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    Sell Data. 

  • David LeckoPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2015 · 177 posts · 107 votes
    7y

    @David Wrenn sorry to hear about your job. If you have $100 to spend you're going to want to use strategies that weigh more on your time but can generate great results (driving for dollars, cold calling, door knocking, etc).

    @Kurt Michaelson thank you so much for the shout out! I really appreciate it. What are you doing now that you finished your 9 months Ubering and driving for dollars?

  • Mustang, OK · Member since 2018 · 154 posts · 110 votes
    7y

    @David Lecko I've moved to Oklahoma for a new job that I started this week and what a dramatic difference in housing prices out here compared to SoCal! 

    I'm looking forward to returning to D4$ once my family and I get settled in our new apartment in a couple of weeks and sales begin to come in too.

    DealMachine is a great app and I'm happy to acknowledge that any time my friend.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.