New to wholesaling in FLA looking for advice

New to wholesaling in FLA looking for advice

Real Estate Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2011 · 42 posts · 3 votes

Hi everyone. As you can see this is my first post. I'm an agent and investor in Orlando and I've recently contracted my first rehab. I would like to move onto wholesaling next. I've got a friend of mine whom I will be working with as he shares my interest in investing but has yet to get his feet wet. Any help or pointers will be much appreciated and I'll be cruising this site looking to soak up as much as possible.

THANKS!!!

0Reply
12 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Curt DavisBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Memphis, TN · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    14y

    Ryan,

    Join the local REIA there in Orlando as they are one of the best in the country. There you will meet plenty of people to learn from. Good luck.

    Curt Davis - KAIZEN Realty538 Reviews
  • Real Estate Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2011 · 42 posts · 3 votes
    14y

    Thanks for your reply Curt.

    We intend to do that in the upcoming weeks in addition to building our buyers list.

  • Wholesaler · Dallas, TX · Member since 2011 · 294 posts · 152 votes
    14y

    I would focus my efforts on learning how to buy properly and how to market for motivated sellers. There is a ton of info on both of these subjects here at BP. Curt also had great advice about joining and attending as many REIA meetings as possible.

  • Real Estate Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2011 · 42 posts · 3 votes
    14y

    Thanks Stinson.

    I'm eager to meet other investors who are active in my local market, so my REIA should facilitate that it sounds. Logging some serious time here also...BP is awesome!

  • Real Estate Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2011 · 42 posts · 3 votes
    14y

    Hey guys,

    From what I've been reading, the first thing a prospective wholesaler needs to do is build up their investor list.

    I run into an issue when I'm trying to find/market to other investors. Don't I need a property under contract first so I can attract them? How am I to build my list if I've got nothing to offer at this point other than good intentions and ability?

    Maybe I am missing something?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.