New Michigan Investor, Looking for Guidance :)

New Michigan Investor, Looking for Guidance :)

Riverview, MI · Member since 2011 · 1 post · 0 votes

[b]Hello All! I'm Brand New to the forums, and I already love it! I Currently reside In Southeastern MI, and have read numerous books involving real estate (Anything with Dolf De Roos, Robert Kiyosaki, and many more).

I am so eager to start, but I need some guidance before I do. I currently have a realtor, sending me properties in an area I've been interested in and following trends (Oakland County).

My question is; Are their any investors that will allow me to follow them and see exactly how this works from start to finish? I'm so eager and excited, I just need some experience in doing so.

I am very interested in wholesaling and Fix and flips.

ANY help would be so appreciated, I'll literally do anything to help, as I'm here to learn and succeed :)

0Reply
18 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Involved In Real Estate · Omaha, NE · Member since 2012 · 140 posts · 34 votes
    14y

    I also from Michigan! Saginaw to be exact. Im also new to the forums so hopefully Ill see ya around.

    As far as your posting, I would definitely contact a few of your local real estate/investment companies or private investors, if you have any and see if they will allow you to shadow/intern(unpaid) anyone that is doing something similar to what you would like to be doing.

    ....And hang around here and absorb all that you can! there is an exorbitant amount of info and countless top knowledge brains to pick.

  • Landlord · MI · Member since 2008 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    14y

    Welcome Troy!

    My first bit of advice - throw those books away. Or at least put them aside for now. While some of them might be worthwhile at a high level, none are going to help you with the tactical details you need.

    There are a couple of good books on wholesaling. Pick those up if you can. When I got started I bought Steve Cook's Wholesaling For Quick Cash Program. It's a lot more expensive now so you might look it up on ebay. In any event, it was hands down the best material I put my hands on when I was getting started, and it gave me the knowledge I needed.

    In terms of following someone around, I doubt that you'll find someone but it couldn't hurt to ask. Start with the Oakland REIA and ask around. If you're going to ask for something like that you ought to at least offer to take the investor to lunch on the days you're following him.

    Good luck and again, welcome!

    Dennis Fassett

  • Investor · Howell, MI · Member since 2011 · 202 posts · 52 votes
    14y

    Hi Troy,

    I'm active in south Oakland County on a buy and hold basis but most houses have required rehab. I'd be more than happy to meet sometime and show you our approach for what its worth.

  • Real Estate Investor · 30906, GA · Member since 2010 · 161 posts · 36 votes
    14y

    I think it is amazing that a lawyer is here looking for information on how to do wholesaling and flips. It just proves that we are setting a profitable message out there. Troy you will profit greatly by opening your arms to investors that bring you creative deals to close for them. Just learn what needs to be done.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.