What are the best times to cold call potential sellers?

What are the best times to cold call potential sellers?

Ashburnham, MA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 0 votes

Hello. I have a huge list of potential sellers that I am beginning to cold call. Most of the research that I have done says to call between 9-11 in the morning and then 3-5 in the afternoon. While I have done plenty of cold calling in my past life in sales, it has always been business to business. 

Also, I'm wondering if the previously listed hours may be outdated as most people have cell phones and work during the day. 

Does anyone have any thoughts about this? 

Cheers and thank you, 

George 

0Reply
103 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
7y

@George Steers definitely 3 am because I’ll be asleep and my phone silenced so I will miss your call and you won’t disturb me. That’s the best time for me, perhaps not the best time for you.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Northeast PA · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    The best time to call is NOW.  I wouldn't start before 8 am or after 9 pm, and make sure to follow the applicable laws.

  • Lien VuongBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Boston, MA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    I start with 815-830 and do a hard stop at 1030AM. Later in the day its 4-430 - 630. That's the best response time in my experience. 

  • Realtor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    For some reason I get more response in the mornings between 9-11 am. It all depends though. I would try it out and see which gives the best results. 

  • Rental Property Investor · New York City · Member since 2019 · 58 posts · 29 votes
    7y

    Hey @George Steers, just as @Marc Winter wrote, there is no "right time" just like there is no "best script"..

    You said you've done a lot of cold calling before, so you know that there is only one rule: make enough calls.

    We do 400-600 cold calls a day for our clients and I can confidently say that there no better hours.

    8:30am-8:30pm - choose your times, just be persistent and make sure you hit your goals daily, results will follow soon after.

  • Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    7y

    @George Steers definitely 3 am because I’ll be asleep and my phone silenced so I will miss your call and you won’t disturb me. That’s the best time for me, perhaps not the best time for you.

  • Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Guy S.  Do you see differences in KPI's depending on your target?  For instance, High Equity vs Tired Landlords?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.