Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Jamie Brayton
Property Manager
  • Property Manager
  • Albany, NY
Votes |
Unloading off market leads-- do I really want to wholesale? (NY)

Jamie Brayton
Property Manager
  • Property Manager
  • Albany, NY
Posted Dec 11 2019, 09:36

We have the good fortune of too much off market deal flow and not enough time to tackle all of the projects we wish we could. We hate to just toss these leads, but we don't have a system to offload them. Furthermore, I don't know if wholesaling is something I really want to do. My biggest concern is that it will distract me from my personal investments. 

At this time, I don't want my real estate license. The cons currently outweigh the pros for me. 

I'm defining leads as contact with off market sellers that have indicated they are interested in selling.  In addition to these, we have lists of potential properties that we haven't converted yet. 

A few questions:

-have any other investors found themselves in a similar position? Did you do anything with your excess leads?

-do I have any legal options other than wholesaling? I'm in New York. I've read just about every post on bird dogging and the information seems to be mixed. I know I can't broker deals without a license, so it seems I'd be forced to get these properties under contract?

Thanks!

Loading replies...