Flipper/Rehabber · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
So me and my partner have been studying real estate marketing and wholesaling for going on 4 months now and we are not only ready to get started but we're hungry for deals. We started off with a list of houses from driving for dollars and skip traced the numbers and owners. So far we haven't had much luck getting people to answer the phone. I've recently been utilizing Craigslist and social media to market our company to get some traffic on our phones. My main question (as of course any suggestions) is, should we start by finding sellers or should we network to find buyers to have for when we do finally find a motivated seller?
Flipper/Rehabber · Montgomery, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y
In my market if you have a deal, there will be tons of cash buyers. If I never met you before but you reach out in my target area and have a good deal, I would buy it.
You can find and speak to 20 buyers and what you'll get is 20 answers that are typically very similar to one another - "find me a deal". The location, property type, and price-point may differ but what remains the same is what you already eluded to... you still have to go and find the motivated seller...
Find motivated sellers. The buyers will come!
Converting sellers is a numbers game. There are many who do not want to sell and many others who are difficult to even get in contact with.
Don't stop contacting those property owners. In addition, keep adding new names/numbers to your list so that you are constantly contacting new people.
Flipper/Rehabber · Montgomery, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y
In my market if you have a deal, there will be tons of cash buyers. If I never met you before but you reach out in my target area and have a good deal, I would buy it.
Absolutely do both and don't stop. Finding buyers is easy, but it's also a confidence booster. There's a natural fear, "If I find a seller, but I can't find a buyer, what do I do?" If you have several cash buyers already saying they want you to bring them deals, then you've cleared that hurdle.
Rental Property Investor · Killeen, TX · Member since 2019 · 74 posts · 58 votes
6y
My market as well if you happen to have a great deal and you're considering Wholesaling the property. If the deal makes sense and a great deal the cash buyers would absolutely jump on it. Also on the side build connections with cash buyers to eventually move into Real Estate Investing, where you or your LLC buys the property as an investment. Later you can ask your buyers for advice. Essentially just always be networking.