Landlord · Dallas, TX · Member since 2012 · 505 posts · 34 votes
The yellow letter no doubt increases your call quantity, but does it increase your call QUALITY ?
Invitation style envelopes, hand written fonts and colored blue will all spark interest in and get your mail opened more, but the question is will it increase the QUALITY of your leads? Im somewhat skeptical. Im sure you will get more calls with that approach, but it will likely be out of curiosity.
The purpose of this thread is to generate discussion on the matter. Personally, I will be trying an A2 invitation size yellow letter next month for the first time.
Developer · Andover, MA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 489 votes
13y
Using invitation style envelopes, red handwriting, and first class postage will all help your open rate but I think if you want to get more quality leads it's going to be in the message of the letter.
For example, the standard "Hello, My name is Justin and I want to BUY your house at Address." letter will get you a lot of calls. Most will be curious and some will be good. If you want less call but more quality, how about adding something like "If your serious about selling, call me today as I only have so much cash to buy houses." You are telling them you only want serious sellers to call so you should get more quality leads. There is also a call to action in the message to hopefully get them to call.
I have definitely seen a difference in the calls with both methods.
Here are my results for some of my campaigns. As you can see, the hang up rate was very high. I use a system that records all the calls (regardless of when someone hangs up) and I noticed that most people will listen to the full message before hanging up. This may imply that I got rid of the tire kickers but the hang up rate was a bit too high for me to be comfortable with. As such, I hired PatLive a couple weeks ago to take all my calls live. I hope this helps.
Investor · Los Angeles County, CA · Member since 2012 · 962 posts · 279 votes
12y
Thanks @Justin Silverio So this Patlive thing, looks like it's $6/ day,- i wonder how well they could make pitches for you when they answer.Please let us know how that goes.
I have limitted time to be on the phone all the time with fishers as well. I'm a landlord so my phone is blowing up all the time anyways when we have someone inquiring about . Also I don't know how good I am as a sales man. I have never really dones sales, except to rent out our apartment.
Is there a way I could listen to your voicemail? could you PM me?
Any other tips would help. I just started using Google Voice and that has drastically helped. I highly recommend it for landlords, property managers, or any type of investor
Developer · Andover, MA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 489 votes
12y
PatLive is just a call center so you provide them with a script and they go through it with your callers. The script I've provided is just to get basic information and to identify motivation. I also have another service that will record the calls so I can listen to the tone in a caller's voice which also helps to identify motivation.
I actually removed the voicemail. I'll see if I can find the script that I wrote for it.
Google Voice works great. That's what I had all my phone calls forwarding to. However, you're still in the same spot where you have to call people back to see if they're a motivated seller.