How Do You Show Property to Potential Buyers?

How Do You Show Property to Potential Buyers?

Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2008 · 71 posts · 9 votes

I'm currently marketing to Absentee Owners. When I get a property under contract, the next thing is to send it out to my cash buyers. For the buyers that show interest, how do you show them the property if it is occupied with a tenant?

Do I set an appointment with the property owner (if he/she lives in the area) and have multiple buyers come see it during the scheduled time? What if there are time conflicts?

Or should I take a million pictures of the interior/exterior to show the buyer so they have a good idea of what they're buying?

I read somewhere on one of the BP posts that he puts a lock box on the door and has the buyer call him when he gets there and then he gives them the code.

I've heard of some wholesalers that do deals without ever leaving their office and guestimating the repairs based on what seller tells them. They send a contract to seller without ever seeing them in person. I guess that's "virtual" wholesaling.

Any ideas are welcome!

0Reply
13 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 53 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    Hey Mike

    You will probably want to make sure that you have a memorandum of contract to lock your buyer in before you let them inspect or examine the property.

    Having an open house and a line so to speak, of buyers showing up will sure to get you a deal. Especially if your is deal is good one.

    Taking pictures and a video is a good idea. You will want to check with the owner to make sure it's cool to schedule a time. Time constraints sometimes can't be helped...However, nothing worse than a tenant that doesn't clean up...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.