Where can I find good Purchase and sales agreements?

Where can I find good Purchase and sales agreements?

Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 0 votes

Hey, 

Working on my first deal and I presented my seller with a purchase contract I found online. The seller stated he would rather his lawyer contact my lawyer and draft a new contract. Not sure if this is normal, or if my contract wasn't feasible. Has this ever happen to anybody and if so, what was ur reply?

SB: I am currently seeking attorney/tittle company wholesale friendly in NYC

0Reply
11 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jeffrey EdwardsPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · West Bloomfield, MI · Member since 2018 · 147 posts · 77 votes
    6y

    I've never heard of someone requesting a brand new document be drafted.  I wonder why they would request that.

    I would reach out to a title company and see if they have a blank standard form that they would provide to you or draft your own with the help of a real estate attorney. 

  • Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Jeffrey Edwards Thanks much appreciated

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    I've never heard of someone requesting a brand new document be drafted. I wonder why they would request that.

    I've seen it since I've listed properties and got an offer that looked good, but was so p***-poor written that a 10 page long counter wasn't worth it.

    I've also had some listings (usually large) where the seller has his own lawyer draft the PSA after a LOI is submitted.

    Realize whoever writes the PSA tends to favor their interests.

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    Forgot, on PSAs, since so much is at stake, you'll (unless your broker has one already) probably need to get an atty involved somewhere.

    Am a broker and we usually have an atty review our PSA forms annually in addition to the brokers reviewing it for clarity.

  • Scott WolfPro Member
    Lender · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 957 votes
    6y

    @Jay Richmond, I don't see anything wrong with the seller redoing the PSA.  In NY the seller's attorney usually draws it up, and as @Steve Morris mentioned, the person who draws it up usually does so to protect their interests first and foremost.

  • Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Thanks for the insight fellas.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.