How do I work a new lead on vacant property with Chase

How do I work a new lead on vacant property with Chase

Investor · Bossier City, LA · Member since 2009 · 29 posts · 3 votes

Hello, I found an abandoned house in a nice neighborhood today. I saw a notice on the door from the City Code Enforcements. I also saw about six telephone books at the front door. The property is in a very nice neighborhood and looks to have been abandoned for about three years. The house is literally covered with overgrown hedges and the soffit is starting to rot. I noticed a letter on the ground from Chase and was able to get the previous owners name. My question is how would you handle this lead? The house is probably worth about $110k. It appears to need at least 25k to 30k worth of rehab just from the outside appearance. It is hard to believe the bank has allowed the property to sit for so long. It is a brick and partial siding house on a slab foundation. It is in a preferred neighborhood and is an excellent starter home.
Is this a good lead to follow-up(I am sure) but what is the best approach?
Would love to purchase and wholesale--thanks for any replies

0Reply
12 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · NW Indiana · Member since 2012 · 833 posts · 197 votes
    13y

    Jessie Watson I would try to figure if it is already owned by the bank. Was that letter dated? Was it a notice for pre-foreclosure? I would see if the owner still is on title and contact him.

  • Investor · Bossier City, LA · Member since 2009 · 29 posts · 3 votes
    13y

    Yes, the letter was dated July, 2012. What is the quickest way to find if the bank has foreclosed on it? I am new at this type of lead. If I send a letter to that address the forwarding by the post office may have expired since it has been so long ago. It was a preforeclosure notice I believe.

  • Investor · NW Indiana · Member since 2012 · 833 posts · 197 votes
    13y

    Jessie Watson I would see if you can get that counties records online. You can find out a lot of information that way.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.