I got my 1st virtual wholesale contract now what?😰

I got my 1st virtual wholesale contract now what?😰

Rental Property Investor · Nyc · Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 72 votes

I’m from NYC and I got into virtual wholesaling. I got a property under contract in kiln, Mississippi with a nice spread... I’m sourcing a way to market this property to investors.... any suggestions?

49Reply
393 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Whitehouse Station NJ · Member since 2020 · 12 posts · 76 votes
5y

Doing deals virtually, sight-un-seen is here to stay. Last I checked, Mississippi isn't on Mars. Every market has it own idiosyncrasies. Hopefully someone from the area will offer to help a fellow investor out in stead of telling you what a mistake you've made.

See this reply in the discussion

198 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 861 posts · 1k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Luis Serrano:

    @Joshua Batey thank you brother... that’s amazing!!!You are doing it man, I wish you the best. I am just building financial freedom one deal at a time. This deal has taught me a lot and has linked me with like minded people. I am starting to get traction and thank God it led me to three more deals. I am gearing up with more systems in place and I am hoping to end the year strong. 🙏🏼

    You've got someone in this thread (Dewanna Kowalski) alleging fraud with this house?   (I think?)   What happened there?

    Also you are openly posting about brokering without a license.  You probably don't realize what you've done here, but if Dewanna can find you after getting ripped off somehow(???), the state regulatory board can find you.  Just takes ONE complaint!

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    I'm sure besides the bloviation, Mr Serrano has nothing and is gone to the winds.

    In OR, I usually have to get a lot of info to the REA to rat out wholesalers.

  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2019 · 62 posts · 30 votes
    5y

    @Luis Serrano

    Any response to Dewanna’s allegations?

    Also - I’m new to RE. Some people on here have claimed wholesalers are breaking the law by brokering without a license. Is there a legal/correct way to wholesale?

  • Rental Property Investor · Nyc · Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 72 votes
    5y

    @Nicky Reader this deal fell

    Through due to the title company I was using virtually ... as you follow the thread of this post.. I came to BP to ask for advice and she was the one who offered to help as many others did. I never lied to seller from the beginning- seller knew I was going to sell the purchase contract to a suitable buyer.

    I never asked for money from seller and never claimed to be a realtor or a broker. The title company agent Victoria did say she wanted to help me fond a buyer so she did post it on Craigslist and other platforms. I don’t know anything about any money transfers between title and seller but we did lost trust between seller and I. I talked to seller and said We need to cancel contract and hoped he can sell his house soon. He replied to me by saying “the title company found some liens on the house and there were lies” I called the title company and she says she has proofs of the liens and he tried reaching seller to show him the proofs.

    This has been a roller coaster for me as o begin this journey. I am a family man and I am not here to steal money from any one. If I was trying to do anything fraudulent I would deleted this account and not try to explain myself. I called seller and made my peace with him. He also said that I may not have nothing to with that but he wish me luck and ti not trust that title company moving forward.

  • Rental Property Investor · Nyc · Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 72 votes
    5y

    Thank you all for your great advice- I will try to get to the bottom of this and keep you posted. 🙏🏼

  • Rental Property Investor · Nyc · Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 72 votes
    5y

    @Nathaniel J Mott I’ll get to the bottom of this soon.. I’ll keep everyone posted. 🤦🏻‍♂️

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 861 posts · 1k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Nathaniel J Mott:

    @Luis Serrano

    Any response to Dewanna’s allegations?

    Also - I’m new to RE. Some people on here have claimed wholesalers are breaking the law by brokering without a license. Is there a legal/correct way to wholesale?

    Depends state-by-state but generally you just take title to the home (eg, actually buy it yourself), then you can advertise it freely and openly and negotiate whatever deals you want.

    Brokering is basically just negotiating/advertising/etc a property you don't own, for a fee.   If you don't own the house, have no license, and the state says a contract isn't enough equitable interest to sell without a license, you can't legally wholesale.

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 861 posts · 1k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Luis Serrano:

    @Nicky Reader this deal fell

    Through due to the title company I was using virtually ... as you follow the thread of this post.. I came to BP to ask for advice and she was the one who offered to help as many others did. I never lied to seller from the beginning- seller knew I was going to sell the purchase contract to a suitable buyer.

    I never asked for money from seller and never claimed to be a realtor or a broker. The title company agent Victoria did say she wanted to help me fond a buyer so she did post it on Craigslist and other platforms. I don’t know anything about any money transfers between title and seller but we did lost trust between seller and I. I talked to seller and said We need to cancel contract and hoped he can sell his house soon. He replied to me by saying “the title company found some liens on the house and there were lies” I called the title company and she says she has proofs of the liens and he tried reaching seller to show him the proofs.

    This has been a roller coaster for me as o begin this journey. I am a family man and I am not here to steal money from any one. If I was trying to do anything fraudulent I would deleted this account and not try to explain myself. I called seller and made my peace with him. He also said that I may not have nothing to with that but he wish me luck and ti not trust that title company moving forward.

    Thanks for the update. SO just to clarify: 

    • Seller - Your friends' dad who was OK with you finding a buyer for his house, with a markup
    • Victoria - Your title agent, who agreed to help you find a buyer
    • Dewanna's Friend - The prospective buyer
    • The contract - Written between you and the seller, assignable.

    Victoria found Dewanna's Friend, they went into contract. Title search uncovered unexpected liens but Dewanna's Friend was OK with that. Dewanna's Friend wired 10k to Victoria's title agency, but it instead went to a scammer and is now gone.  

    Dewanna's Friend tried to get in touch with the seller directly, he got upset, said there were "lies" and now doesn't want to sell.

    Was that accurate?

    Also the part about you brokering without a license, it doesn't matter that you tell everyone you are not an agent. If you advertise and negotiate a price for the seller's house that you do not own, that's brokerage.

    Since the whole thing fell through you may be lucky, but you said you had other deals in this town in the pipeline, and if this is a small town where everyone knows eachother, and your first deal blew up with scams and lies, you should probably hightail it out of there. 

    • Rental Property Investor · Nyc · Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 72 votes
      5y

      @Nicky Reader no Im not doing deals in MS but I do have deals near me. Read the thread you’ll see my intentions were honest and never try to get money from the seller. I will try to get more info.

    • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 861 posts · 1k+ votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Luis Serrano:

      @Nicky Reader no Im not doing deals in MS but I do have deals near me. Read the thread you’ll see my intentions were honest and never try to get money from the seller. I will try to get more info.


      It's super ironic that you are doing all this while your profile pic has you wearing a hat that says "NOT FOR RESALE"   :)

      Brokerage has nothing to do with your intentions, nor about you getting money from the seller.  Put in really basic terms, "if you don't own the house, you can't legally sell it for someone else without a license"   but I am not the realtor police.

    • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2013 · 919 posts · 911 votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Dewanna Kowalski:

      Status of this property in Kiln, MS is 21 days ago @Victoria Lansen contracted a deal with my friend claiming she was a broker, had my friend go see the property, met a guy there with the key, emailed the contract, my friend wired over $10,000 to a title company expecting to close this past Wednesday, and wouldn't you know, @Victoria Lansen claimed her acct was hacked, the last day $ was wired @Luis Serrano says he didn't have the contract on the house... couldn't even give my friend a contact number to speak with him to help clear some confusion, at least the possibility of him being involved


      If there was a reputable title company involved, this should be an easy fix.

    • Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 9 votes
      5y

      @Nicky Reader my friend was never made aware of ANY liens

    • Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 9 votes
      5y

      And also, I love Google, put in @Nameofwhoever with any .com web address and if they're out there you can find them

    • Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 9 votes
      5y

      @Victoria Lansen popped in on Mr Serrano's post offering to help, nowhere else tho...hasn't been seen since, I personally messaged Mr Serrano asking for help getting at least a contact number to be able to speak to him personally, his reply was this "Mr Brett said he was having trouble with the title company so I don't have the contract anymore" ... This is Kiln, MS...Mr Brett who? Farve? Lol come on now, if you could be implicated in a fraudulent real estate transaction it may be important that you try and help clear that up?

    • Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 9 votes
      5y

      And why put a SOLD sign on your listing, could have easily posted OFF MARKET, since it was a back out...what's the sellers name, offer any help and I would feel better, it isn't even my $ but I'm agressively trying to get to the bottom of it..

    • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 861 posts · 1k+ votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Dewanna Kowalski:

      @Victoria Lansen popped in on Mr Serrano's post offering to help, nowhere else tho...hasn't been seen since, I personally messaged Mr Serrano asking for help getting at least a contact number to be able to speak to him personally, his reply was this "Mr Brett said he was having trouble with the title company so I don't have the contract anymore" ... This is Kiln, MS...Mr Brett who? Farve? Lol come on now, if you could be implicated in a fraudulent real estate transaction it may be important that you try and help clear that up?

      This is wild. So I googled "Victoria Lansen" and got a result on linkedin from "Cedar Hawk Title" in Michigan. 

      The linkedin profile is now deleted......... and the Cedar Hawk Title website (www.cedarhawktitle.com) was registered only 30 days ago, using WIX, a free website provider. Their mailing address in Michigan is a virtual mailbox provider.

      I think Victoria Lansen and her title company were 100% fake!   

    • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 861 posts · 1k+ votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Dewanna Kowalski:

      @Victoria Lansen popped in on Mr Serrano's post offering to help, nowhere else tho...hasn't been seen since, I personally messaged Mr Serrano asking for help getting at least a contact number to be able to speak to him personally, his reply was this "Mr Brett said he was having trouble with the title company so I don't have the contract anymore" ... This is Kiln, MS...Mr Brett who? Farve? Lol come on now, if you could be implicated in a fraudulent real estate transaction it may be important that you try and help clear that up?

      Hey this is even weirder, if you google "Brett Favre hometown".... Its Kiln MS!      LOL what! 

    • Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 9 votes
      5y

      Lol yes it is...that's why I was so interested to know exactly WHICH Mr Brett he was referring to? Kiln is a VERY small town...everyone who's from here knows EVERYONE

    • Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 9 votes
      5y

      I think he got that $10k he was looking forward to getting, mainly because he took his post on this property down (SOLD) THE VERY DAY my friend wired the final payment...

    • Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 9 votes
      5y

      @sharon foster strangely enough he listed on connected investors however that hasn't been mentioned til now lol 

    • Flipper/Rehabber · Montgomery, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      5y

      @Luis Serrano

      You mention more deals... take my advice, you really should STOP now and rethink your strategy. Your first deal is now in limbo with accusations of fraud, lost money, lawsuits possible... lots of people have bad deals, but this one is not only bad, but ongoing. I would personally figure this deal out (that you orchestrated) and make sure everyone walks away not feeling cheated. Until that time, I’m not sure taking on more deals is wise.

    • Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 9 votes
      5y

      @Brian Pulaski @Nicky Reader c/o Ms Donna Coffm

      I am the victim of the scam for the property in Kiln MS. I saw the house and inquired about it. A person claiming to be Victoria Lansen was working with me associating herself with a title company in Michigan. She had her name associated with this title company all over the internet. I even checked out to make sure this title company was legitimate. I wanted to buy the home for my daughter. I actually talked to her over the phone the day I viewed the home. Once I viewed the home and she had a guy bring out the Key to open the home saying he was from a title agency locally. He opened the home I inspected it and contacted her saying I would like to purchase the home. I asked all the right questions, checked out everything and she sent me a contract aat which point I signed. Asked me the name of who the dded would be made out to etc , etc. I asked haer about an inspection at whcih point she told me an inspection company from Louisiana would be out to do the inspection. I sent her $5000.00 earnest money (to be refunded if the deal fell through) Then she told me I had to send her the rest of the money before we met to close the home plus money for a warranty deed versus a quit claim deed. I did not want a quit claim deed. I wired the last money on Monday, November 30 (we were to close that Wednesday) . When I contacted her on Tuesday, she informed me that she had never heard of me, that she had never talked to me and that I was delusional and to Piss off. That same day a Luis posted on the internet of the same house which stated SOLD you lost out! I immediateley went to my bank where fraud investigation is being pursued, filed charges with the Harrison County Sheriff's department (property is in Hancock I live in Harrison), the Attorney General's office and the Internet Fraud.gov center, plus my friend called the president of the local REA and he is also looking into the matter. He did tell us that this house has not been on any kind of a market since 2018. I contacted the title people who she associated herself with and they told me if I mentioned them they would sue me for slander, even though she has portrayed her name with the company all over the place. The did tell me they did not know who she was and she had never been affiliated with their company , although she did have her name as owner of that company. I also find it funny that as soon as I find her posting her name with the title company she represented that the profile of her on that site has been taken down.

      I do find it funny that after she said she did not know me then the house was posted as sold by a Luis. I do have all my emails, all my messages everything about this. 

      Although, I did everything I thought right, I was the victim of an elaborate scam of which (of course) no one takes responsibility for. I am down, but I am not devasted. That money I lost I had been saving, my daughter needed a new start as she is not in a very good place right now, and I feel like a very foolish person. I will not get my money back and I realize that but if we can put enough words out here hopefully they wont devastate someone financially, She has her name affiliated with that title company in everystate under National Director of Investeor Friendly Title Companies. I also sent all this information to that title company and their response was if i slander them they will sue me.

      So Brian, that is the just of the elaborate scam! By the way the lady that I have been emailing about this claims to be the owner of that title company, as well as Victoria Lansen claimed to be the owner on LinkedIn untl her profile was taken down after I let the title company know,

    • Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 2 votes
      5y

      Brian, I am the victim of the scam for the property in Kiln MS. I saw the house and inquired about it. A person claiming to be Victoria Lansen was working with me associating herself with a title company in Michigan. She had her name associated with this title company all over the internet. I even checked out to make sure this title company was legitimate. I wanted to buy the home for my daughter. I actually talked to her over the phone the day I viewed the home. Once I viewed the home and she had a guy bring out the Key to open the home saying he was from a title agency locally. He opened the home I inspected it and contacted her saying I would like to purchase the home. I asked all the right questions, checked out everything and she sent me a contract aat which point I signed. Asked me the name of who the dded would be made out to etc , etc. I asked haer about an inspection at whcih point she told me an inspection company from Louisiana would be out to do the inspection. I sent her $5000.00 earnest money (to be refunded if the deal fell through) Then she told me I had to send her the rest of the money before we met to close the home plus money for a warranty deed versus a quit claim deed. I did not want a quit claim deed. I wired the last money on Monday, November 30 (we were to close that Wednesday) . When I contacted her on Tuesday, she informed me that she had never heard of me, that she had never talked to me and that I was delusional and to Piss off. That same day a Luis posted on the internet of the same house which stated SOLD you lost out! I immediateley went to my bank where fraud investigation is being pursued, filed charges with the Harrison County Sheriff's department, the Attorney General's office and the Internet Fraud.gov center, plus my friend called the president of the local REA and he is also looking into the matter. He did tell us that this house has not been on any kind of a market since 2018. I contacted the title people who she associated herself with and they told me if I mentioned them they would sue me for slander, even though she has portrayed her name with the company all over the place. The did tell me they did not know who she was and she had never been affiliated with their company , although she did have her name as owner of that company. I also find it funny that as soon as I find her posting her name with the title company she represented that the profile of her on that site has been taken down.I do find it funny that after she said she did not know me then the house was posted as sold by a Luis. I do have all my emails, all my messages everything about this. Although, I did everything I thought right, I was the victim of an elaborate scam of which (of course) no one takes responsibility for. I am down, but I am not devasted. That money I lost I had been saving, my daughter needed a new start as she is not in a very good place right now, and I feel like a very foolish person. I will not get my money back and I realize that but if we can put enough words out here hopefully they wont devastate someone financially, She has her name affiliated with that title company in everystate under National Director of Investeor Friendly Title Companies. I also sent all this information to that title company and their response was if i slander them they will sue me.So Brian, that is the just of the elaborate scam! By the way the lady that I have been emailing about this claims to be the owner of that title company, as well as Victoria Lansen claimed to be the owner on LinkedIn untl her profile was taken down after I let the title company know,

    • Rental Property Investor · Nyc · Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 72 votes
      5y

      @Dewanna Kowalski why you think that. I’m the only here trying to find out what and who did wrong? I’m not running away. I am still here - I did marked sold as I didn’t know how to delete the post on market place and didn’t want to keep it as available. I did post in connecting investors as I was told to advertise there too to find a buyer. I do network like other wholesalers do, I did not continue answering on your questions as I did not know if there was a scam. I do talk to victoria and she was telling me that there was people accusing her with all your names and so I wasn’t to sure what to think. I didn’t do anything wrong or taken anyone money. I see a lot of “lols” and making me seem like I am a scam artist but I am trying to get in contact with Victoria and bring this all

      To light.

      This is not the first time I get kicked when down and I am not stopping doing any business as I am starting and I guess I need to learn not to trust everyone I come a cross. To everyone with all great advice and to all involved in this cluster f*#k of a deal I do apologize for my mistakes of trusting a virtual title company as I didn’t know any better and I thought I was doing the right thing.

    • Flipper/Rehabber · Montgomery, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      5y

      Sorry to hear what seems to be happening. The biggest shock I have is the title company. I would think instead of threatening you with a lawsuit, they would want to get to the bottom of someone using their name.

    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.