Contacting "For-Rent" listings for potential cash buyers

Contacting "For-Rent" listings for potential cash buyers

Conroe, TX · Member since 2013 · 6 posts · 0 votes

How BPers,

For those of you have found cash buyers by calling For-Rent listings on the internet, I have few questions for you.
I have noticed the majority of these listings (on sites such as Zillow, Trulia, and Craigslist) are marketed by a realtor or brokerage. Do you call the realtor? And if so, I'm assuming you'd ask for the owners contact information?

I've always been under the impression that I would want to speak directly to the owner (and have the relevant conversation) so that I could potentially gain them as a future cash buyer.

Or am I missing the point? Are you using other sites where owners list and market their own properties?

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

0Reply
19 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Austin.

    You can look up the owner on the county tax website and contact them directly. You can also drive your target neighborhoods and call For Rent signs.

    Not only should you look for buyers this way, but sellers too. Maybe you'll find your seller and buyer with the same marketing effort.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.