Newbie to Wholesaling in Little Rock

Newbie to Wholesaling in Little Rock

Real Estate Agent · Little Rock, AR · Member since 2013 · 15 posts · 1 vote

Hello,

My name is Billy, and I am in Little Rock, AR. I've been apart of Bigger Pockets for about 3 months now. After doing alot of reading and research, and self educating, I've decided to start my new business in wholesaling. I believe this is the right step for me to get started and learn the industry on the ground floor.

Little Rock is a pretty good market, with great potential growth, however I don't have the support of a mentor to work with to get my business up and going. I've been looking for different possible leads with listsource and a couple of other sources as well, but still have yet to truly get my feet in the game.

I would to learn what it takes to get this business going, and truly work the ins and outs. I don't want some one to take me by the hand, and I'm not looking for a way to "Get Rich Quick" but rather put all that I am and all that I have into starting my own business. In return I also have time to volunteer to help a seasoned mentor as well, rather it be prepping a property for sale, or whatever the need might be. In essence I am willing to give in order to recieve.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

0Reply
7 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2012 · 81 posts · 20 votes
    13y

    As wholesalers we are not really real estate investors. As wholesalers we become master marketers.

    If you want to get your wholesale business off the ground I suggest you get good at getting leads...lots of leads.

    How do you get leads? Market,market,market,market, and did I mention market. :)

    How do you market? Your imagination is your only limitation.

    Here are some ideas

    Bandit signs (Love'em work great)

    Online Ads (Craigs list, Back Page,Kijiji,oodle etc..)

    Business Cards( I leave one everywhere I go)

    Mailing list ( absentee owner, pre-forclosures, probates)

    Drive For Dollars

    Bird Dogs

    Hope this Helps.

    Good Luck!

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    13y

    Welcome @Billy Miller, @Rob Powell gave you some great ideas. be sure to check out Ultimate Free Beginners Guide

    Good luck - Ned

  • Real Estate Agent · Little Rock, AR · Member since 2013 · 15 posts · 1 vote
    13y

    Thank you Edward and Ned, I appreciate the response and great advice.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.