Matching up Buyers with Sellers using Subscription Service: Bird dog

Matching up Buyers with Sellers using Subscription Service: Bird dog

Tulsa, OK · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 0 votes

I have subscribed to a service that gives me access to a lot of wholesale deal listed in a private marketplace. I would like to offer some of these properties to my buyers list. What advice would you have for me on this? Anything you can think of would help! Here are some questions I have thought of.

When contacting the seller, what should I say to them, how do I work out an arrangement to get paid for referring the buyer to them?

How much should my referral or bird dog fee be?

How can I ensure I get paid?

How generally should I go about this?

0Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
13y

Every "sevice" I've looked at that was a "market place" for wholesale deals, was a waste of time. As we know, a real deal never makes it to some public "list", and most of them were at ARV with a LOT of exaggeration about ARV and minimal rehab costs. I would be very interested of you find anything worth while.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rehabber · Menlo Park, CA · Member since 2013 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    What service is that if I may ask?

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    13y

    Every "sevice" I've looked at that was a "market place" for wholesale deals, was a waste of time. As we know, a real deal never makes it to some public "list", and most of them were at ARV with a LOT of exaggeration about ARV and minimal rehab costs. I would be very interested of you find anything worth while.

  • Tulsa, OK · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    im noticing that already

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Wholesaling other peoples deals can be very challenging.

    It can be done, my success rate at it is about 10% of the ones I want to try and sell.

    If you are focusing on finding your own deals at the same time I say go for it, not much to lose besides your time and sanity :) but then you already know that if you are wholesaling!

    Just don't use it as your only resource. You have to find your own deals too.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.