Anybody have a good experience with rent guarantee service?

Anybody have a good experience with rent guarantee service?

Member since 2018 · 50 posts · 39 votes

Anything without a deductible that doesn't require me to check tenant's credit?

0Reply
46 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Greg ScottPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · SE Michigan · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    2y

    It sounds good on paper, but my experience says they are a double-edged sword. 

    I've bought properties where the prior owner used a rent guarantee service and / or security deposit insurance program.  The seller liked allowing people with borderline credit and payment history to qualify with less hassle. After I bought the property, I found those people had a much higher incidence of skips and evictions, with downtime and turn costs vastly exceeding the benefits of easier lease-ups.  We never continued those programs.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.