SWFL Homeowner's Insurance/Broker Recommendations

SWFL Homeowner's Insurance/Broker Recommendations

New to Real Estate · Hialeah Gardens · Member since 2020 · 43 posts · 13 votes

Good afternoon,

Hoping someone can lend a hand here.

I am currently in the midst of getting a new homeowner's insurance policy for a LTR that I own in Cape Coral, FL... as my previous insurer is pulling their coverage in the state of Florida. 

The policy quotes I have received from two different brokers, are for insurers which do not have national name recognition (e.g., Cabrillo Coastal, Southern Oak, Cypress Property & Casualty Insurance). I did some research and their reviews are quite frankly not great (I get it, no one likes insurance companies). However, I read through plenty of clients complaining about horrendous claims process. 

I am Florida native and insurance decisions are critical, given we are prone to hurricanes.

Any investors or professionals in the SWFL area, that can recommend an insurer or broker that they have positive experiences working with. 

Many thanks,

Emmanuel

1Reply
19 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Adam BartomeoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    I am a local RE Broker in Cape Coral and understand your concerns. I have about 40 policies in Cape Coral and Ft Myers with the majority of them being with Tyler Nagle with John Gault Insurance 239-221-0556, 239-992-9185. He has help many of the owners that we manage properties for.

    I had a policy with Southern Oak and didn't have any issue with them through the storm. I dropped them due to the bill increase.

  • Stetson MillerBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2019 · 576 posts · 423 votes
    2y

    Hi @Emmanuel Sanchez,

    I would recommend reaching out to all contacts that end up being recommended on this list to see who may be able to provide the best company and pricing to match your needs. So, to add to that list, I would recommend State Insurance USA. Eric Williams has been my main contact and is always a huge help, but this will be area-dependent 

  • Member since 2022 · 21 posts · 12 votes
    2y
    You can try Kin insurance, they are a direct insurance provider. I have found them to be the most reasonable for my Cape Coral property.
  • New to Real Estate · Hialeah Gardens · Member since 2020 · 43 posts · 13 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Adam Bartomeo:

    I am a local RE Broker in Cape Coral and understand your concerns. I have about 40 policies in Cape Coral and Ft Myers with the majority of them being with Tyler Nagle with John Gault Insurance 239-221-0556, 239-992-9185. He has help many of the owners that we manage properties for.

    I had a policy with Southern Oak and didn't have any issue with them through the storm. I dropped them due to the bill increase.


     Hi Adam,

    Thank you for the recommendation. I have reached out to Tyler, and shared that I was referred by you. I appreciate the help.

  • New to Real Estate · Hialeah Gardens · Member since 2020 · 43 posts · 13 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Stetson Miller:

    Hi @Emmanuel Sanchez,

    I would recommend reaching out to all contacts that end up being recommended on this list to see who may be able to provide the best company and pricing to match your needs. So, to add to that list, I would recommend State Insurance USA. Eric Williams has been my main contact and is always a huge help, but this will be area-dependent 


     Hi Stetson,

    Always a great help! I submitted a request for a quote via their website. Thanks again.

  • New to Real Estate · Hialeah Gardens · Member since 2020 · 43 posts · 13 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Kelly Olson:
    You can try Kin insurance, they are a direct insurance provider. I have found them to be the most reasonable for my Cape Coral property.

     Hi Kelly,

    Thanks for sharing. Interestingly enough, Kin insurance, was actually one of the first options that had popped up during my initial online search. I will check them out. 

  • Adam BartomeoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
  • Adam BartomeoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    @Emmanuel Sanchez

    Absolutely! Let me know if you need any other recommendations.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.