Best Insurance providers for a 6 Unit Multifamily Asset

Best Insurance providers for a 6 Unit Multifamily Asset

Tyler HenkelPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Woodstock, IL · Member since 2024 · 14 posts · 10 votes

I recently got under contract for a 6 unit apartment building in Lake County, Illinois. I am wondering what companies landlords have used and would recommend? Thanks in advance!

0Reply
84 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Insurance Agent · Maumelle, AR · Member since 2015 · 131 posts · 41 votes
    9mo

    Tyler,  How old is it?  That'll limit the market.

    • Tyler HenkelPro Member
      OP
      Rental Property Investor · Woodstock, IL · Member since 2024 · 14 posts · 10 votes
      8mo
      Quote from @Kevin Koone:

      Tyler,  How old is it?  That'll limit the market.


       The property was built in 1982

  • Owen RosenBusiness Member
    Professional · Clinton Township, MI · Member since 2015 · 676 posts · 259 votes
    9mo
    Quote from @Tyler Henkel:

    I recently got under contract for a 6 unit apartment building in Lake County, Illinois. I am wondering what companies landlords have used and would recommend? Thanks in advance!


     This can vary greatly depending on the actual property characteristics, sent a DM if you'd like assistance.

    Royal Oath Insurance Group4.9203 Reviews
  • Insurance Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 297 posts · 122 votes
    9mo

    Insurance follows the same rule as lenders - 5+ units will be classified as commercial insurance. That will help narrow your search some. 

    • Tyler HenkelPro Member
      OP
      Rental Property Investor · Woodstock, IL · Member since 2024 · 14 posts · 10 votes
      8mo
      Quote from @Jared Townsend:

      Insurance follows the same rule as lenders - 5+ units will be classified as commercial insurance. That will help narrow your search some. 


       Thanks Jarod! I was hoping someone had any recommendations for commercial insurance providers in the market but I appreciate your insight! Hope you're having a wonderful start to the new year!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.