Where can I find a one-stop resource center for windstorm insurance?

Where can I find a one-stop resource center for windstorm insurance?

Member since 2009 · 1 post · 0 votes

I've been considering getting a windstorm inspection for my home, for quite some time now. I've been advised by friends that this can help lower my insurance rates but I'm not really well versed on the topic. Can anyone refer me to a resource where I could find info on windstorm insurance? Perhaps a site that could provide the basics and relevant points for a newbie like me?

0
Topic locked
13 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    17y

    Where are you located? That makes a difference. Rich

    0
    Topic locked
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    Mark,
    As Rich said it depends heavily on your state. However I've only heard of windstorm inspections being common in gulf coast states - Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, Florida, etc....

    Are you looking into Texas' TWIA program?

    Tim

    0
    Topic locked
  • Tampa · Member since 2009 · 1 post · 0 votes
    17y

    As other posters have stated, it really does depend on where you are located because wind is only a real concern in certain states. I can tell you, however, that in these states, you can save a significant amount of money on your insurance if your home has wind resistant features. I’m not really an expert on the subject, but I found a great deal of information at [WEB SITE REMOVED]. I was able to find an inspector and receive a free quote through their website, so it is well worth a visit.

    0
    Topic locked
  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    17y

    One new poster with a question, another with an answer. That's an ad.

    0
    Topic locked