Need Recommendation for Insurance Agent in Kansas City

Need Recommendation for Insurance Agent in Kansas City

Carlos RoviraBusiness Member
Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 329 posts · 124 votes

I am currently buying 2 turnkey properties in Kansas City, MO. I am looking for a good insurance agent in that market to help me get basic policies. If anyone has someone please feel free to PM me. I am out of state so need to be able to work via email/phone. Thanks!

2Reply
8 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 215 posts · 42 votes
7y

@Alex Toler - can you send me your contact info? I'm closing on a 4plex in Raytown. Looking to get some insurance quotes.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kansas City MO · Member since 2014 · 357 posts · 349 votes
    9y
    I use State Farm insurance. If you PM me I can send you my agent's contact info ..not sure if I can post it on here. They are very reasonably priced. I've also heard good things about Shelter Insurance.
  • Insurance Agent · Norwalk, CT · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Carlos,

    I don't know what type of properties these are but there are some basic recommendations I can make:

    - look to an independent agent(s) that represents many companies.   Sellect multiple ones and talke to them to see how you work with them.  Most companies have several agents appointed in an area so if you want a particular company (ie. Hartford, Travelers, Liberty, etc...) you should have multiple choices for who to deal with

    - look for an agent that does both Personal Insurance and Commercial Insurance (especially if you plan on doing any flips or renovations)

    - look for an agent that already writes a lot of what you are doing (apartments, flipping, etc..)

    - If you will be using a local realtor, property manager, or CPA see who they recommend

    - If you are doing any renovation or new home construction check for a local Building Contractors Association and see if there are any agents affiliated.

    **you mentioned "Basic" policy.  Watch out, if you use that term they may think you are asking for "Basic Coverage" under the Property policy.  That coverage is very limited.   You should ask for proposals at different levels of coverage and compare the price vs the amount of coverage.  

  • Insurance Agent · Norwalk, CT · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Carlos,

    I forgot to mention, there may be agents locally to you that can write in MO.   If it is easier to deal locally, you could check into that also.  The FL Professional Insurance Agents or Independent Insurance Agents Associations may be able to suggest some. 

    Good Luck with the properties

  • Real Estate Broker · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2013 · 749 posts · 399 votes
    9y

    @Carlos Rovira , if you are buying prior rehab/vacant. REI Guard has some great policies. If a tenant already lives there try Shelter Insurance. To second @Laura Williams , I have heard good things about State Farm but I haven't worked with them. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Independence, MO · Member since 2013 · 92 posts · 37 votes
    9y

    on all my properties, I have found state farm quotes to be the highest priced...

     I use a local agent that represents many insurance companies.  He has been very good to work with and has almost always been the cheapest quote I've found.  Feel free to pm me for contact info.

  • Aurora, OR · Member since 2017 · 44 posts · 58 votes
    8y

    I am interested in any progress you have made here.  I am in the process of acquiring two properties in Raytown and Independence and the quotes I have received from Farmers are over twice what the local folks are estimating on their turnkey ProFormas.  Anyone have a local agent they trust?

  • Specialist · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2015 · 27 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    Andrew Kover, I am an independent agent out of Saint Louis.  I work with a lot of investors across Missouri, and I would be more than happy to provide options for you.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 215 posts · 42 votes
    7y

    @Alex Toler - can you send me your contact info? I'm closing on a 4plex in Raytown. Looking to get some insurance quotes.

  • Insurance Broker · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2017 · 370 posts · 127 votes
    7y

    @Carlos Rovira , @Andrew Korver and @Cliff T. I specialize in this space.  Would be happy to be a resource for each of you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.