Closing on 2nd property Can I insure it as a rental?

Closing on 2nd property Can I insure it as a rental?

Woodland Hills, CA · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 0 votes

Hi BP! Closing on my 2nd property and plan is to eventually rent it out. 

My question is should I insure it as a secondary property or rental property? My loan is a secondary home/vacation home not rental property. Will I get into trouble? 

0Reply
16 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Steamboat Springs, CO · Member since 2017 · 255 posts · 154 votes
    7y

    If you're intending to rent it, insure it as a rental property. If you have to make a claim, you don't want the insurance company using that as an excuse to deny coverage. Plus rental policies will be more likely to cover things like damage from tenants.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.