Home Insurance Coverage on Rental Property with Section 8 tenants

Home Insurance Coverage on Rental Property with Section 8 tenants

Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 3 votes

Hello,

Needed recommendations for insurance policies that will cover a rental property with Section 8 tenants. I have one on contract and approaching closing. Most quotes I am looking at seem to say they will not be able insure. I'm unsure of why that is. It seems challenging to find some that actually will. 

1Reply
21 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Insurance Agent · Beaver Falls, PA · Member since 2016 · 126 posts · 84 votes
    5y

    Hey Elizabeth - there are a lot of knowledgeable insurance agents on BP.  If you let us know the State the property is in, we may be able to make some suggestions.

  • Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Casey J Burkhead thanks ! Property is in Kansas City , Missouri

  • Rental Property Investor · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2018 · 228 posts · 279 votes
    5y

    @Elizabeth Njuguna, it shouldn't be difficult to insure a rental property, and how the tenants pay the rent (through subsidies or not) shouldn't matter at all.

    I use Shelter Insurance for all of my rentals.  I've heard good things about State Farm as well.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.