Looking for Ohio Recommendations for LLC Setup (Attorney or Service)

Looking for Ohio Recommendations for LLC Setup (Attorney or Service)

Member since 2025 · 8 posts · 22 votes

Hey everyone,

I’m an out-of-state investor getting ready to buy my first property in Ohio, and I need to set up an Ohio LLC. Before I move forward, I wanted to see if anyone here has recommendations for a solid attorney, CPA, or formation service in Ohio who can help me get it done correctly (operating agreement, structure advice, etc). I’d prefer someone investor-friendly who understands rental properties, DSCR loans, and how to structure ownership as I plan to grow my portfolio. If anyone has someone they trust or if you’re a professional who offers this please drop their info or DM me. Thanks

3Reply
119 views

Most Popular Reply

Remington LymanBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
10mo
Quote from @Matheus Souza:

Hey everyone,

I’m an out-of-state investor getting ready to buy my first property in Ohio, and I need to set up an Ohio LLC. Before I move forward, I wanted to see if anyone here has recommendations for a solid attorney, CPA, or formation service in Ohio who can help me get it done correctly (operating agreement, structure advice, etc). I’d prefer someone investor-friendly who understands rental properties, DSCR loans, and how to structure ownership as I plan to grow my portfolio. If anyone has someone they trust or if you’re a professional who offers this please drop their info or DM me. Thanks


 I can send you some attorneys that can get this done for you

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    10mo
    Quote from @Matheus Souza:

    Hey everyone,

    I’m an out-of-state investor getting ready to buy my first property in Ohio, and I need to set up an Ohio LLC. Before I move forward, I wanted to see if anyone here has recommendations for a solid attorney, CPA, or formation service in Ohio who can help me get it done correctly (operating agreement, structure advice, etc). I’d prefer someone investor-friendly who understands rental properties, DSCR loans, and how to structure ownership as I plan to grow my portfolio. If anyone has someone they trust or if you’re a professional who offers this please drop their info or DM me. Thanks


     I can send you some attorneys that can get this done for you

  • Alfath AhmedBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo
    Quote from @Matheus Souza:

    Hey everyone,

    I’m an out-of-state investor getting ready to buy my first property in Ohio, and I need to set up an Ohio LLC. Before I move forward, I wanted to see if anyone here has recommendations for a solid attorney, CPA, or formation service in Ohio who can help me get it done correctly (operating agreement, structure advice, etc). I’d prefer someone investor-friendly who understands rental properties, DSCR loans, and how to structure ownership as I plan to grow my portfolio. If anyone has someone they trust or if you’re a professional who offers this please drop their info or DM me. Thanks


    I can recommend you to my attorney who does all of mine and over 50+ of my clients LLC. She sets up my private money documents, llc for local and international clients. Feel free to pm me.

  • CPA| New Clients Welcome| 50 States · Member since 2016 · 440 posts · 93 votes
    10mo

    @Matheus Souza, hi. Great that you are getting this set upbefore you close, fixing structure later is always more painful. For an Ohio rental LLC, you'll want someone who can (1) coordinate the LLC with your DSCR lender's requirements, (2) draft an operating agreement that anticipates future partners/entities, and (3) think through multi-state tax filings as your portfolio grows. I'm a CPA who works with out-of-state investors buying in the Midwest and can share a simple checklist of questions to ask any attorney/CPA or formation service you interview so you don't end up with a "cookie cutter" setup.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    10mo

    Why are you setting up a separate LLC in Ohio?

    7e investments53 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.