Outsource short sales

Outsource short sales

FL · Member since 2008 · 40 posts · 2 votes

Can anyone recommend a few firms that allow you to outsource this? I remember reading a few articles on this, but no specific firms.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

0Reply
15 views

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · Member since 2008 · 792 posts · 30 votes
    18y

    Do you mean outsourcing the negotiating?

  • FL · Member since 2008 · 40 posts · 2 votes
    18y

    Hi Dave,

    Yes sir. That and all the paperwork associated with it.

    Thanks in advance,

    Mike

  • Real Estate Consultant · Member since 2008 · 792 posts · 30 votes
    18y

    I used to use a company, but now I do it internally. I find that when I outsource things, I end up managing them as if they were poor employees. I may as well manage my own employees.

  • Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2008 · 120 posts · 1 vote
    18y

    We are also thinking about outsourcing short sales. Anyone have recommendations or companies to avoid? Thanks in advance.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Member since 2008 · 792 posts · 30 votes
    18y

    Anne,

    I just don't think anyone will do a good job. I incorrectly used to think that you could pay someone to do it for you. Unfortunately, no one but you is knowledgeable enough with the details to negotiate.

    They are all just expensive paper pushers.

  • Real Estate Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2008 · 742 posts · 463 votes
    18y

    I was once told.....If you have recognized an area in investments that you either need help or can free yourself up to focus on your strenghts than outsourcing is an answer.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Member since 2008 · 792 posts · 30 votes
    18y

    I think you have to get pretty big and powerful (like trump) before you can hire a negotiator for you.

    I outsource much of the short sale follow up. I have a full time assistant that does the leg work. Even though I outsource it, I have to manage it. My only point is that outsourcing to someone that you do not know to negotiate for you is an exercise in futility (in my humble opinion - as someone who has actually tried it).

  • Specialist · Edmond, OK · Member since 2008 · 12 posts · 10 votes
    17y

    Hi Gang,

    My name is Cory Boatright. I own a company that provides outsourcing for short sales. My wife is a Realtor and I am an investor. My company completed over 2.2 million dollars in debt reduction in March of 2008.

    I hope that helps.

  • Real Estate Investor · Phila., PA · Member since 2008 · 41 posts · 1 vote
    17y

    If you're interested, I can recommend someone who actually made the decisions on whether a short sale got accepted or not. He no longer works at the bank...he makes a living doing short sales. You can PM me for more information.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Iman Yusef Yahya:
    If you're interested, I can recommend someone who actually made the decisions on whether a short sale got accepted or not. He no longer works at the bank...he makes a living doing short sales. You can PM me for more information.


    Iman - If this is a good source for everyone, why not share? Please disclose your professional involvement with this person if you can, as well. Thanks!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.