Need some Short Sale advise

Need some Short Sale advise

Real Estate Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2008 · 13 posts · 1 vote

I am not sure if I can help this young lady but she has a Luxury home in North Carolina. It will go to the bank on August 29th. What if anything can we do? I have no knowledge of doing a short sale or have the desire. I would be happy to give the deal to someone for a finders fee. I am ready to discuss it.

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Newport Beach, CA · Member since 2009 · 81 posts · 12 votes
17y

The owner needs to get a hold of the lender - It won't be a short sale if the bank takes it back...it will be an REO. How to stop the sale is more like the question you need anwered.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Newport Beach, CA · Member since 2009 · 81 posts · 12 votes
    17y

    The owner needs to get a hold of the lender - It won't be a short sale if the bank takes it back...it will be an REO. How to stop the sale is more like the question you need anwered.

  • Real Estate Consultant · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2009 · 94 posts · 28 votes
    17y
    Originally posted by Charles Chase:
    I am not sure if I can help this young lady but she has a Luxury home in North Carolina. It will go to the bank on August 29th. What if anything can we do? I have no knowledge of doing a short sale or have the desire. I would be happy to give the deal to someone for a finders fee. I am ready to discuss it.

    What bank is the first mortgage?
    PM me I might be able to help, depending on what bank though.

  • Real Estate Investor · Murrieta, CA · Member since 2009 · 47 posts · 23 votes
    17y

    Who's the lender?

    Thanks.
    Moe

  • Real Estate Consultant · Savannah, GA · Member since 2009 · 69 posts · 3 votes
    17y

    I don't know about the county in NC or the system there specifically, but she can write a letter (fax in) to the judge to postpone the sale because....
    She has to have a because.
    If she wants to short it and it's been a year already, and hasn't done anything to save her home then it will be really hard to do anything.
    She has to have a good because or an attorney that can jump on it and postpone this in 24 hours (from now).

    Mitsu

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.