Ready for 7 digit success stories?

Ready for 7 digit success stories?

Will BarnardPro Member
Moderator
Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes

I contracted to purchase an REO in December of 2010, skipping all the long and boring details, I finally just received word that the deal is accepted and I am now in escrow. I will not post any of the real numbers here until i close however, it looks like this:
$1,200,000 spread on one single family residence flip!!

Recently, I just closed a deal in Calabasas, CA where I had a net profit in excess of $200,000 where the sold price was $1,175,000. Project took 6 months from date of purchase to sold date.

Always looking to do better, 6 figure spreads are good, but 7 figure spreads are better!

I will keep you all posted on how this goes.
I hope this post can inspire those to think big and most importantly, take action in a big way.

12Reply
617 views

Most Popular Reply

Dawn AnastasiPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
12y

Has this one sold yet?

See this reply in the discussion

198 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 673 posts · 360 votes
    14y

    Congrats Will!!

    I'm guessing the REO came from an agent, but I would love to hear how you market for these higher

    I hope you update us when the prelim number are finalized.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    14y

    I can't wait to hear the details, Will Barnard. Keep us in the loop.

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y

    You know how to tease us, Will. Can't wait to hear the details.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y

    Sorry guys, did not mean to tease, I just must wait until it closes for "protection sake" before spilling the beans.

  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    Congrats Will Barnard!

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Will Barnard:
    Sorry guys, did not mean to tease, I just must wait until it closes for "protection sake" before spilling the beans.

    Yes, wait until the $$ are in your account.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Grand Blanc, MI · Member since 2008 · 885 posts · 316 votes
    14y

    This is awesome! I can't wait to hear the details, too!

  • Real Estate Investor · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2010 · 413 posts · 114 votes
    14y

    Wow!

    When are you scheduled to close?

  • Investor · Union, NJ · Member since 2011 · 838 posts · 295 votes
    14y

    WOW, thats pretty amazing Will. Best of lock and hope you get it locked and closed!!!

    Chris

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Chris Masons:
    WOW, thats pretty amazing Will. Best of lock and hope you get it locked and closed!!!

    Chris

    Thanks Chris, the deal is locked, just have to wait for closing. Once that happens, I can provide more details.

    Keep your eyes peeled and you goals set high, anything is obtainable if you really want it.

    I also just got word that my short sale offer is the one the seller is going with out of many other buyers, and mine was not the highest priced offer. I think I made a very good impression on the listing agent and she liked me over the others. This is something I have been preaching about for years, forming relationships and allowing them to "like you".

    The deal is an all-in amount of $775k-$800k with an exit value of $1.2M, so if the bank accepts that offer and agrees to the short sale, I will have another great deal with a large profit margin.

  • Landlord · Seattle, WA · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    Congrats, Will Barnard

    Look forward to hearing the details later. Love to hear success stories large and small.

  • Investor · Mission Viejo, CA · Member since 2012 · 627 posts · 204 votes
    14y

    First congratulations! Thank you for informing us, and me, that such deals exist in CA, as I had no idea.

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y

    Will Barnard we'll all be waiting!!

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y

    Will, what's the projected time frame?

  • Jason GrotePro Member
    Developer · Austin, TX · Member since 2011 · 286 posts · 88 votes
    14y

    Will Barnard Inspiring! I knew I was asking the right person for his secrets ;) Can't wait to hear the outcome!

  • Real Estate Investor · CA · Member since 2009 · 174 posts · 39 votes
    14y

    Hey Will- is that a $1.2M in real $$$ or California fiats. My head just exploded.

  • Wholesaler · Del Mar, CA · Member since 2011 · 58 posts · 17 votes
    14y

    Congratulations on your deal. I know it's gonna turn out phenomenal. !!!

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Jon K.:
    Will, what's the projected time frame?
    For the 7 digit spread, that depends. Depending on what permits it will take, it could be as little as 4 month rehab project, or be stuck in planning for an extra 3 months on top of that. Will find that out soon too.

    F Foster - That would be real cold hard cash good in any state or country.

  • Real Estate Investor · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2010 · 413 posts · 114 votes
    14y

    Will Barnard This type of deal all with private funding or any banks on broad with you?

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Mike Jakobczak:
    Will Barnard This type of deal all with private funding or any banks on broad with you?
    This deal will be 100% my own cash mixed with that or private investors, no banks involved other than the seller! After some recent accounting, I have borrowed and returned with interest over $5M in private lender funds (I have yet to use a hard money lender to date) in just short of 3 years. This deal, once paid back, will make that figure climb into the $6M range and counting.
  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Will Barnard:
    Originally posted by Mike Jakobczak:
    Will Barnard This type of deal all with private funding or any banks on broad with you?
    This deal will be 100% my own cash mixed with that or private investors, no banks involved other than the seller! After some recent accounting, I have borrowed and returned with interest over $5M in private lender funds (I have yet to use a hard money lender to date) in just short of 3 years. This deal, once paid back, will make that figure climb into the $6M range and counting.

    That is great Will Barnard. As you know, I have followed (not stalked) you since I have been on BP and appreciate your contributions. Hopefully I will be sharing a seven digit success in the near future!

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y

    James Vermillion I am quite sure that will be the case James, you have the tools, the drive, and the determination, that is all you need!

  • Investor · Little Rock, AR · Member since 2010 · 628 posts · 251 votes
    14y

    I just found this thread today. I am anxious to hear more
    Thanks
    Don

  • Real Estate Agent · Hackettstown, NJ · Member since 2011 · 206 posts · 62 votes
    14y

    Wow, that's incredible! Best of Luck Will Barnard

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y

    Thanks all. I am just as anxious, if not more so to provide full details. The second I am able to, I will.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.