BiggerPockets Podcast 027: Fix and Flipping, Wholesaling, Marketing, and More with Jason and Katherine Grote
On today’s episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we talk with the dynamic husband and wife team of Jason and Katherine Grote about their adventures in flipping and wholesaling, while specifically dealing with some of the unique ways they find deals for their real estate investing business. This show was really a ton of fun to record and will give you both ideas and many good laughs as you hear the Grote’s story and tips for you and your investing business!
Listen to The Show on iTunes (Preferred Method!)
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Show, We Cover
- What a “wholetail” is – and why it can be profitable
- The first direct mail campaign that… flopped.
- When to “buy and hold” and when to “flip?”
- When to Quit your job … and when NOT to.
- Flipping in hot vs. cold markets
- How to wholesale without being a time-stealing “bottom feeder”
- Dealing with foundation problems
- Tips for working with your spouse
Links from the Show
- The New BiggerPockets Real Estate Calculators and Analysis Tools
- Fix and Flip Analysis & Reporting Tool
- Lending Club
- BP Podcast 010 : Flipping Houses 101 with J Scott
- BP Podcast 018 : Flipping, Marketing, and Wholesaling with Danny Johnson
- 5 Key Takeaways From the Inman Real Estate Connect SF 2013 Conference
- How to Create an Awesome Lead Generating Website in Under an Hour with No Technical Abilities
Books Mentioned in the Show:
Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
Anything worth anything is all about hard work (Tweet This!)
People decide whether or not they’ll buy your house in the first 3 minutes.(Tweet This!)
We’re passionate about real estate… it’s fun! (Tweet This!)
Who needs a book when you have BiggerPockets! (Tweet This!)
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free