New Member From Israel

New Member From Israel

Israel · Member since 2013 · 9 posts · 1 vote

Greetings BiggerPockets.com members!

I'm Josh Hyman, an Australian now living in Israel with my wife and baby boy. My wife and I are 25 years old. I've been jumping from j-o-b to j-o-b for a few years, also getting involved on the side with network marketing to no success unfortunately.
However, through Network Marketing I was guided towards 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad',as well as Napoleon Hill's 'Think & Grow Rich' which opened my eyes to Investing.

I have no experience, yet, in Real Estate investing but, as of writing this, I'm finishing an 18-meeting course on Real Estate Investing for beginners. While it's aimed at the Israeli Marketing, there are many tips which can be used in around the world.

My aim is to create a portfolio of passive income rental properties providing between $8000-$12,000 a month. I'm also in learning more about wholesaling and how to capitalize on this industry.

I do not have any degrees to my name, nor do I intend to pursue any.

I'm open to questions from any and everyone.

Looking forward to meeting you!

~Josh

0Reply
27 views

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Hey Josh, welcome to BiggerPockets! Make sure you take some time to familiarize yourself with the various sections of the site (forums, blogs, podcasts, etc), each has a ton of helpful information.

    Where do you think you would start buying rentals (Israel, Australia, US)? Do you plan on being in Israel for a while?

    Good luck!

  • Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 603 votes
    13y

    Welcome to BP Josh Hyman!

    It's great to see your so pumped up about REI. Those are two GREAT books. Since you like reading, check out this list: The Best Real Estate Books Ever

    How does your wife feel about real estate investing? A couple can be a powerful force when they are both on the same page!

  • Real Estate Investor · North Brunswick, NJ · Member since 2012 · 85 posts · 8 votes
    13y

    Welcome Josh,
    the site is a great resource and you will learn a lot. I am a little familiar with the Israeli market as I have some family there who owns property. I know prices had gone up a lot in recent years and its a tough market atleast in the main cities like Tel Aviv. So definitely do your research and good luck.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Brighton, MI · Member since 2013 · 607 posts · 251 votes
    13y

    Hi Josh,
    Welcome! What kind of work do you do that took you from Australia to Israel? We work with international investors, mainly from Asia but are headed over to London in October to participate in a big investors trade show there. Maybe you could be a contact in Israel for U.S. markets. Anyway, would love to discuss your goals and the possibilities.

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Josh. Are you planning to invest in Israel? What would your target properties sell and rent for? Or will you invest elsewhere?

    We're glad you've joined us!

  • House Flipper · East Stroudsburg, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 205 votes
    13y

    Welcome to the BP family. Nice to see that BP is truly expanding to the International Market. You will make a lot of good contacts on these pages as well as pick up some excellent insights that you can utilize in your market. Some of the challanges we all encounter are universal. Again welcome aboard.

  • Israel · Member since 2013 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    13y

    Wow!! I wasn't expecting such a great welcome. Thanks to everyone :-D

    @James Vermillion : I plan to start investing in Israel, hopefully being able to invest in Australia in the coming 4-5 years. I'm an Israeli resident, so hopefully I'll be in israel for many more years to come.

    @Mehran Kamari : I'll make sure to check out that list when I've got my credit card next to me ready;-)... My wife is actually very supportive. As long as I don't lose our savings and get ourselves into debt, she's all for me pursuing a REI career.

    @Annette Hibbler : I moved to Israel as a 19 yr old kid with the pure intention of simply living in Israel. So no connection to work... I'm actually unemployed at the moment so..we'll definitely be in touch regarding future options!

    @Jon Klaus : As I answered to James, I intend to invest in Israel at the moment. ROI here is fairly low.. talking about 6-7% is seen as a good investment. However a decent apartment of 90-100 sq. metres can deliver anywhere between 2000-4000 ILS ($US550-$US1100) per month.

    @John Moore : thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to learning a lot here!

    Is any one aware of other investors in the Israeli or Australian Market? I would love to connect with such investors.

  • Hoxton Park, NSW · Member since 2013 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Hi Josh,

    I have teamed up with an Australian company that helps build global property portfolios for their members. The company is currently purchasing and rehabbing properties in the USA and South Africa.

    You would be a great asset to the program if ever the company decides to invest in properties in Israel.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP!

    Oh my gosh, BP is going internationally, that's just asking too much guys (LOL).

    Does that mean you have real estate gurus in Israel too? ;)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.