Online bill payment/check mailing service?

Online bill payment/check mailing service?

Renton, WA · Member since 2009 · 127 posts · 15 votes

I have an account with checks with account & routing numbers. My financial institution doesn't allow for online bill pay.

Is there an online service where I can provide checking account information that would allow me to:
1) Mail payments
2) Schedule automatic payments

? MyCheckFree seems to only allow that for certain institution, and the one I most care about is Wells Fargo Mortgage, which they don't support.

Thanks!

0Reply
16 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    16y

    Ivan,

    Why not just allow the creditor to draft the funds directly from the account you wish to use? It is usually free, so long as you have sufficient funds in the account to cover the draft. You can usually instruct the mortgage company to draw the funds on any day from the first to the seventh with no additional fee; for dates after the seventh, there will be an added fee typically.

    That should give you the same end result: bill payment without having to snail mail a check. But there is one added bonus! If the creditor does not draw the money on the specified date, and instead gets it late by say a day or a few, there is no late fee. If your online bill pay gives them the money late, you get to pay the late fee. In other words: the creditor is considered late in this arrangement, not the bill payer. Of course, you would still be required to have sufficient funds present in the account to cover, otherwise you do become considered late as the bill payer.

  • Wholesaler · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2009 · 286 posts · 255 votes
    16y

    I have a property with a Wells Fargo mortgage. Their website allows me to schedule automatic payments from either an account they hold or another financial institution. If I recall there was a one time setup fee of $10, free thereafter. I realize this is only a partial solution, but something as important as a mortgage may be better left to the ones actually holding the note.

  • Real Estate Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2008 · 566 posts · 356 votes
    16y

    I don't allow anyone to automatically debit my account, having twice now experienced someone else getting that information and using my account information.

    One was ebay, and my banking information they require, and the other was Southwest Airlines where I had one of their frequent flyer programs. In both instances, the card in their records was used to for their services!

    Find an institution that offers bill pay and set up recurring payments.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    16y

    Is this helpful, Ivan?
    - Online Rent Payment Tools

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.