BiggerPockets

chris chico

Forum Powered By:

27 posts by 18 users

To participate in forum discussions, create a free account or login.

Robert Burns

Real Estate Investor from Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Jul 02 '09, 11:16 AM

anybody use the chris cico virtual wholesaling program? Is it for real? Is it worth $797?

Edited Jun 26 2010, 08:49

James Hiddle

Wholesaler from Altus, Oklahoma

Jul 02 '09, 12:19 PM

I tried the free 2 week trial because well it was free and I wanted to see what he offered.

IMHO it's not worth the $797 far from it. He's got sound information on wholesaling but all he has on that site is on this site for free period.

By the way I canceled my membership there is no way I would pay for that where what he's offering for $800 you can learn here for free.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 08:49 by James Hiddle

Ryan Webber

Wholesaler from Amarillo, Texas

Jul 03 '09, 04:48 AM
1 vote

I also signed up for the free 2 week trial. I never got access to the website or any information. I sent several emails but got no response. Then they charged my credit card.

Now I'm protesting the charge, and I'm not very happy with the service of Cris Chico's Virtual Wholesaling program. I think his business' autopilot program needs a little more self-piloting.

As for the value of the information, I can't comment. I was willing to pay the $797 for the information from just what was described.

I'm extremely proficient in wholesaling in my local area, but I also understand the value of experience with an idiosyncrasy of wholesaling that I do not have any experience with. As for virtual wholesaling, if it saved me from a handful of hours of figuring out a better way to do it or it got me one extra deal than I would of without it, then it is absolutely worth it.

Now obviously you need to factor in your budget. If you only have $797 then you should spend your time looking through the forums here and not on a course. But if you have some money to invest, I don't see anything wrong with purchasing course materials to expand your knowledge.

Now I would recommend that you do that on top of looking through the forums here.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 08:50

James Hiddle

Jul 03 '09, 06:49 AM

The thing Ryan is that he teaches mostly direct mail strategies on his site which defeats the purpose of virtual wholesaling which is if you want to get technical is investing via the net with nothing but a phone and a fax machine.

Now direct mail is one of the best strategies when it comes to marketing but that's basic knowledge you can learn on forums like this not spending 800 bucks.

I do agree with you spending that much money on courses in stuff is worth it as long as it has worth wild and legitimate info but I wouldn't pay one red cent on something like that if you can learn it free on here or free from another investor/mentor.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 08:50

Ryan Webber

Jul 06 '09, 01:21 AM

Mr. Investor, I don't understand why direct mail strategies would defeat the purpose of "virtual" wholesaling. Every house I've wholesaled I've had to drive out and look at. To me "virtual" would mean I get to sit in my underwear at home if I want to, which from what I understand is exactly what is being offered. Uploading a list and a postcard from my computer to a mailing house's website doesn't seem to invalidate the "virtual" aspect to me.

Some follow up with my free trial fiasco. My post here on Bigger Pockets got a response from one of Cris Chico's representatives. I guess I inputted my email address incorrectly which is why I never received my log in information for my free trial. That part was obviously my own fault.

The rep, however, didn't have much to say about the lack of response from my emails that I sent the company before they charged my credit card. He was very apologetic, though, and seemed sincere in not understanding why he couldn't find them even after going back through to look for them. From looking at the ease that Mr. Investor canceled his trial membership, I will have to give them the benefit of the doubt that my experience probably isn't their normal level of customer service.

The rep ended up offering me a complimentary membership, which I gladly accepted, and now I'm pretty motivated to dig into the information to evaluate the value of its content.

Now I'd like to just take a moment and personally thank Mr. Josh Dorkin for this wonderful community that he has put together here at Bigger Pockets. I'm glad to be a part of it.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 08:51

James Hiddle

Jul 06 '09, 04:20 AM

Actually no it doesn't providing you can do all of the direct mail from the computer which you can I was referring to going out and mailing them yourself.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 08:52

Robert Burns

Jul 06 '09, 12:10 PM

Thanks everyone for your excellent comments. I am totally committed to getting my wholesaling going and am looking for the best track to run on. I read/reviewed/printed out dozens of articles and suggestions on wholesaling and still confused so I was looking for a solid plan. What about Steve Cook's program? Any comments on that?

Stephen Moore

Real Estate Investor from america

Jul 06 '09, 01:32 PM

hey robert in responding to your post about steve cooks wholesaling program i dont have it but i do know of several people who have it,and are quite successful actually she is on here as well reosteph if you dont mind me saying who you are steph from tampa florida,i would also say robert im not making deals yet but on the verge of getting some in,i will also add that unless you take action youwont get anywhere it doesnt matter who you buying or how much you spending you must take action ,i do have some systems that i could send you as well totally free,if you have somethang valuable i'd appreciate if you sent me that as well,email me if you wanna talk.........

James Hiddle

Jul 06 '09, 02:07 PM

I'm with Stephen I don't have the course but I've seen on other forums Cook gets a lot of positive reviews for his course.

Another course that has gotten great reviews is Vena Jones Cox's wholesaling course.

Ryan Webber

Jul 07 '09, 02:19 AM

I have Steve Cook's course and his main strategy for finding deals is the MLS and building a network.

His teachings on the technicals are pretty solid but to be honest its not very complicated. I would expect any wholesaling guru to be able to sufficiently cover the basic technicals of it.

In my opinion, the main factors to look for in a wholesaling course are the techniques for finding deals and for finding buyers. These are the two key factors of wholesaling. Yes, you need to know how to assign and double close and the procedures of each, but those can be easily learned after doing them a time or two and then at that point its all about how to find deals and how to find buyers.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 08:53

Pam Marcum

Real Estate Investor from Wooster, Ohio

Jul 26 '09, 10:19 AM

I have both Vena's and Steve's courses and they are both great. Vena's is probably more detailed and has more forms/contracts etc., which worked very well for me since I live in OH like she does.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 09:07

Blake Copeland

Real Estate Investor from Austin, Texas

Jul 26 '09, 07:27 PM
2 votes

i agree with Ryan, in that wholesaling is about getting good at 2 basic things and everything else can either be done by others or learned over a few attempts.

1. Finding great deals.

2. Getting cash buyers who are not tire kickers.

If you can do those 2 things you have won half the battle and more. Contracts, addendums, title companies, memorandum affidavits, etc etc are easy. It is the 80/20 rule. get the good deals, get the cash buyers ((that's the 80%)... then make profits.

Blake Copeland

Real Estate Investor from Austin, Texas

Jul 26 '09, 07:29 PM
2 votes

Correction...... getting the good deals and cash buyers is the 20%...... 80% of your results come from 20% of the effort you put out there. :) it's true

Tony Zamberlin

Aug 04 '09, 01:26 PM

Your right Blake and 5% of the people make 95% of the money!! One of my local mentors says 80% of your time should be spent making offers and finding money/buyers! The rest on the other stuff.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 09:14

Robert Burns

Aug 06 '09, 11:35 AM

I have bought 4 courses and downloaded and read 100's of articles and spent a lot of time on this forum. What I haven't done is get off this darn computer and go out there and make it happen. That is what I'm going to do now. I'll be posting some deals very soon! Thanks for all the solid and real life experiences.

"Coyote" Bob Burns
Baton Rouge, LA

Edited Jun 26 2010, 09:15

Sam Green

Real Estate Investor from Delaware

Aug 06 '09, 11:46 AM

Good luck Bob. Make it happen!

Edited Jun 26 2010, 09:15

Adam Walker

Real Estate Investor from Louisville, Kentucky

Aug 09 '09, 08:57 AM

Doesn't sound like any of you on this thread would have it, but....

would anyone be willing to share Cris Chico's Postcard text for buyers and sellers?

i'm at a point right now where all i need is help with text like this for marketing materials.

PM me if you can help or know of anyone who might. thanks so much!

-Adam

Edited Jun 26 2010, 09:17

Dennis Treacy

HVAC Contractor from Philadelphia , Pennsylvania

Aug 10 '09, 11:51 AM

Let me just give you all some advice before buying any guru course.
First go on Ebay, most of these courses can be had for 70% off. Carlton Sheets worthless stuff doesn't even sell at $9.

I bought an asset protection course offered at by a guru at a local REIA for $4500 for $100 on Ebay. Btw, I was glad I only paid $100 for it.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 09:18

Thomas Clark

Wholesaler from Houston, Texas

Nov 04 '09, 10:18 PM

Not sure if anyone still cares, but I had a 2 week trial to Chris Chico's course. Good solid material, but not worth $797 only because you can find so much more info for free. I also have Vena Jones Cox's course. It's pretty good, if you implement what is taught. I actually checked it out from the Library at my local rei.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 10:23

Greg P.

Nov 05 '09, 12:14 PM

Very good course, I have it and would highly recommend. Cris and Bill Rafter, top notch service. Best step by step advice.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 10:24

(Don't Want to See This? Log in or Create a Free BiggerPockets.com Account!)

Ubg-book

Get the Free eBook from BiggerPockets

Get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks, and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable Advice for Getting Started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more!

We hate spam just as much as you

To post a reply or start a new discussion, create a free account or login.

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums