Marketing during the Holidays?

Marketing during the Holidays?

Wholesaler · Orange County, CA · Member since 2012 · 53 posts · 9 votes

Hey BP,

I'm relatively new to REI but had a question regarding marketing during the Holidays. Have you seasoned investors noticed a drop in your response rate during the Holiday season? I want to send out my first direct mail campaign of yellow letters to absentee owned properties but wonder if I should wait a month until everything calms down.

If you do market during the holidays, do you find yourself adding things like, "Hope you have a happy Holiday season!" to make it more personal to lead? (I wouldn't add Merry Christmas just for the fact that some people don't like that)

Any and all input on this is greatly appreciated!

Hope you have a happy Holiday season! :)

0Reply
43 views

Most Popular Reply

Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
13y
Originally posted by Bill Gulley:
The holidays is a good time to wind up the year, get the management stuff done you put off, the minutes for you LLC, taxes, etc. not be mailing your marketing efforts. After the 10th I'd think people that are considering any RE moves will put it off to Jan.

What would you do if you got your letter on Dec 20th? I might think this guy must be desperate or just think it was inappropriate now that I don't have time to haggle about RE.

Why not mail out holiday cards to everyone you do business with, closing companies, appraisers, your loan officer, buyers and sellers?

I'd say in about 10 days wind it down. Hit the ground running on Jan 2nd. :)

This is completely my experience in B2B.

I suspect just after Jan 1 is a very good time to market to home sellers as they may be ready to change/improve their situation.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 673 posts · 360 votes
    13y

    I have been doing direct mail for about 5 months now, this will be my first holiday season sending letters. We kept sending over thanksgiving and call volume is down, but those who called were motivated.

    I think between xmas and new years we will be sure that no one gets a letter. But very interested to hear what the more seasoned investors think.

  • Rehabber · Denver, CO · Member since 2011 · 1 post · 0 votes
    13y

    What has been your response rate over the past 5 months, Sam?

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    Check this thread, Michael.

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/87/topics/77821-holiday-mailing-schedule

    I mailed shortly before Thanksgiving with 10+% so far. Including the deal I was looking for.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    13y

    The holidays is a good time to wind up the year, get the management stuff done you put off, the minutes for you LLC, taxes, etc. not be mailing your marketing efforts. After the 10th I'd think people that are considering any RE moves will put it off to Jan.

    What would you do if you got your letter on Dec 20th? I might think this guy must be desperate or just think it was inappropriate now that I don't have time to haggle about RE.

    Why not mail out holiday cards to everyone you do business with, closing companies, appraisers, your loan officer, buyers and sellers?

    I'd say in about 10 days wind it down. Hit the ground running on Jan 2nd. :)

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Bill Gulley:
    The holidays is a good time to wind up the year, get the management stuff done you put off, the minutes for you LLC, taxes, etc. not be mailing your marketing efforts. After the 10th I'd think people that are considering any RE moves will put it off to Jan.

    What would you do if you got your letter on Dec 20th? I might think this guy must be desperate or just think it was inappropriate now that I don't have time to haggle about RE.

    Why not mail out holiday cards to everyone you do business with, closing companies, appraisers, your loan officer, buyers and sellers?

    I'd say in about 10 days wind it down. Hit the ground running on Jan 2nd. :)

    This is completely my experience in B2B.

    I suspect just after Jan 1 is a very good time to market to home sellers as they may be ready to change/improve their situation.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.