Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
Seems like we were just answering this question. Time flies.
What are your goals for business in the coming new year?
What part has BP played in your business this past year?
I want to say Thank You to all of you that have helped me this past year, with your answers to my posts. I wanted to @mention all of you, to pull you in here, but there's too many!
Merry Christmas everyone, and here's wishing you a Merry Christmas and a prosperous and Happy New Year! @Joshua D.@Brandon Turner all your hard work is appreciated!
Investor · Davie, FL · Member since 2010 · 66 posts · 8 votes
12y
1. Catch up on deferred maintenance items from the PO on the latest 4plex.
2. Do at least one 1031 exchange from one of my remaining condos to another MF.
3. On a personal note, eliminate any cc debt. I was cc debt free a couple years back and loved it. Need to get back there so I can concentrate on picking up properties faster.
4. Move to a bigger house. We have another kid due in May and our 2/2.5 townhouse is already feeling the strain. Current place will become another rental.
Realistically, I think I can tackle 3 out of these 4.
Investor · Sacramento County, CA · Member since 2013 · 104 posts · 20 votes
12y
First goal is buy my first RE investment - Mobile Home Park. Through BP, I've gained the confidence to talk with Private Money Investors who are considering coming in on a deal. Having that confidence in the knowledge I have gained through conversations, reading, book recommendations and BP Podcast was instrumental.
Shout out to some great people that were amazing enough to return an email from someone they had never known.
@Joe Bertolino for my very first colleague requests and letting me know this community is the best ever.
@John Fedro for the many emails conversations and a great introduction that is key to my 2014 success.
@Ryan Lundquist for taking time to meet with a local guy over a cup of coffee and ignite some inspiration.
@Aaron Norris for an amazing Sacramento event!
@Al Williamson for organizing a local BP Meetup. My apologies to Joe B., you and fellow BP'ers for not checking my emails better. Can't wait for the next one!
@Ali Boone for introducing me to turn-key investments and helping me add it to my long term strategy.
EDIT: Anyone else having issues with "@" commands in Google Chrome? If so, please PM me so it doesn't hijack Karen's amazing thread!
Investor · Antioch, CA · Member since 2013 · 79 posts · 58 votes
12y
The breadth of goals reflected in this thread is truly inspiring. Good luck to you all!
I'm days away from closing on my first investment, an owner-occupied triplex via FHA. My goal for 2014 is simply to find good tenants early and manage the property well. I hope to build up my cash reserves, too, and continue to improve my credit score so that I can purchase another property in the next couple years.
Wholesaler · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2013 · 336 posts · 54 votes
12y
My 2014 goal is to start my real estate business for affordable housing. To acquire 2 buy and hold properties and learn as much as I can before adding a 3rd or multi family. Secondary, to wholesale my first deal which I am still thriving to do because I feel defeated a little bit.
Homeowner · Lemoore, CA · Member since 2013 · 30 posts · 6 votes
12y
My goal for 2014 is to purchase my first real estate. Read up and be more active in BP. It has been a wealth of knowledge in the last two weeks I've been on here.
Pay down consumer debts.
BP, played an amazing role in their articles, podcasts, and most importantly the community that is on here.
Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
12y
@Account Closed
It can't all be work and investing! If I buy 6 next year I am still on track for 100. I also found out you can finance them long-term for ten years, which would be less than two houses! lol. Plus I can use it for marketing my real estate business; tax write off! Park it in front of open houses, slap our team logo on the side of it. haha
I think they have reached their low point in value now. They would be 10 to 15 years old. The Countach hit their low point a few years ago and have shot back up again. The reason it became a one year goal instead of ten was my situation improved and I learned you can finance them, not because they dropped in value. FYI, I would not never finance a car like this if I couldn't afford to pay cash.
Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
12y
Originally posted by @Mark Ferguson:
It can't all be work and investing! If I buy 6 next year I am still on track for 100. I also found out you can finance them long-term for ten years, which would be less than two houses! lol. Plus I can use it for marketing my real estate business; tax write off! Park it in front of open houses, slap our team logo on the side of it. haha
I love it. You turned a liability into an asset. I'll be the 2nd in line for renting it from you for a day.
Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
12y
First - CONGRATS to those with goals.
From a business perspective I only have a few.
1 - I would like to surpass 20,000,000 million pieces of paper.
2 - I have often wanted to set up an inbound hub to take calls and make offers virtually. I see the set up as a configuration of a very savi captain with 12 round table buyers working inbounds and follow-up. Two transaction coordinators and a bitchy office manager. Hit the MLS with the inventory and blow out the deals. All sold retail As Is for cash.
3 - Transition into more mainstream printing. We just added two quarter million dollar printers which will allow us to hit most aspects of the print industry. In fact you'll see free business cards for BP users very soon.
4 - Start a benefit package for my staff. We are getting to a size which demands it and can afford it. Besides its community responsible.
5 - Finalize our launch of ZipPostal. It's your neighborhood mail and print center.
Real Estate Broker · Seattle, WA · Member since 2013 · 17 posts · 3 votes
12y
Goals for 2014
1) Make $300,000 in residential real estate sales commission
2) Purchase my first rental investment property, which would be student housing, walking distance from University of Washington, right around the $1,000,000 price range by the end of 2014.
3) Make my online presence perfect by hiring a solid digital marketing team
4) Begin to outsource certain parts of my business to a virtual assistant, for things like data entry.
5) Keep my grades up above a 3.5 GPA
6) Read at least 10 real estate/ business related books to further my knowledge
Realtor · Ogden, UT · Member since 2013 · 11 posts · 12 votes
12y
My goals for this year include:
1- buy 12 mobile homes and either flip them or keep them as rentals or rent to owns.
2- complete my real estate license by January 31, 2014
3- sell 6 homes as an agent and help 6 buyers buy a home
4- read 5 books (I'm not a reader so that's hard for me)
5- less time on electronics and more focused time with my wife and boys
6- network more (one reason why I just joined BP)
7- My 2014 moto: "Live life to the fullest and at the end of each day know I gave it 110% with no regrets" I know if I do this I will be successful.
I have actually created Action Plans for each one of these, so I can look back and see my progress or lack thereof.
Wow! This was the step I was missing from my goals. I now understand my slow progress.
Tanks Eliza and BP!! I always take 3 to 5 gold nuggets of knowledge from the time spent here on BP.
Investor · Houston , TX · Member since 2011 · 6 posts · 0 votes
12y
2014 is looking to be a great year for our company.
My goals for 2014:
1. Build and sell 15 new SFH, sell my spec home that is on the market
2. Meet and team up with at least 3 new private lenders
3. Raise capital from new private lenders and from the sell of a commercial property I own
4. Syndicate (?) my first multi-family property, I need to learn how to put a deal together
5. Add to my rental portfolio
6. Create a new RE venture, (this is in the works)
7. Rebuild an existing family business and bring back to profitability
8. Explore other business ventures and pursu those that make sense
Meet more like minded people that share the same passion for Real Estate, form new friendships and business partners, help others that may be in need of a helping hand.