300 Posts... Building a network with a post a day

9 Replies

300 posts! Not many to the veterans, a lot to newbies. I just wanted to share that I got there by consistent involvement in the forums. I started being intentional about spending time each day on BiggerPockets in mid January. It usually takes me about 15 minutes a day; I troll my favorite forum until I can make one meaningful post. Sometimes my key word alerts point me to threads, sometimes it will be a slow day. I look for threads with not many comments; if there are already 50 comments it is more time consuming to read them and I probably can’t offer anything new.

I’d like to carve out more time to explore other forums, read more articles, connect with more colleagues, and post on more podcasts and articles, but I work full time and our rentals have not exactly been running smoothly this year, for now I’m focusing on one forum post a day, a blog post about once a week, keeping up with the podcasts, and reading a real estate or business book each month.

I’m growing my network, feeling connected to other investors, helping out newer investors, and having fun.

Awesome post @Michele Fischer ! It's great that you understand the value of staying connected and being involved in the forums. I like your systematic approach! I work a full time job and have a lot of other things that pull at my time. Staying active on the forums definitely keeps me in the REI "zone" why I would otherwise not be.

That's such a cool goal you've got. I've been trying to hit the forums first thing in the morning when I get up to keep me in touch with what's going on, however I sometimes feel the need to respond to 10 posts a day, which can be a bit much. I like your 1/day idea.

Thanks for sharing.

This is such a great idea! It's easy to get overwhelmed by the amount of posts you'd like to respond to. Focusing on a forum topic or two that interests you and making a goal of only one post per day really allows you to stay involved while not getting overwhelmed. Thanks for sharing!

Awesome post @Michele Fischer! I am constantly browsing the forums but realize that I rarely actually post anything myself. I now have a new goal to get on the forums and try to contribute on a daily basis so I too can connect and try to help others who were in the same boat as me not too long ago. Thanks again for the great story and the motivation!

@Michele Fischer Woohoo 300 posts! That's no small feat so I tip my hat to you. I've been trying to do the exact same thing so I'll be joining you in the 300 club sooner than later. Now if I could just fit a podcast into my regularly scheduled program!

Thanks for the feedback, all.

I forgot to mention that this approach and attending a meet up has also led to face-to-face networking. I'm in ongoing conversation with a new investor an hour away interested in my area, and had a coffee date with another nearby investor starting out. Both great opportunities to share and learn.

Lots of posts builds credability. Somehthing else you have done that is great, you have a very memorable profile photo.

@Michele Fischer

Networking is so important and I love your BP goal! Constant networking is 1 of the biggest keys to success in my opinion. I like the profile photo as well!

The funny thing is I am on BP everyday, but I don't post a lot. I work full time and my job is on the computer everyday. I like what you said, one post at a time, hopefully I can get there.

This is a great networking site, but you have to make yourself known.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.