Cost Accounting Programs

3 Replies

I am closing on my first single family rehab. I have a great GC who will PM the rehab so I do not have to issue those many purchase orders to vendor. However, I still need to track costs and P&L. I am looking at Quick Books Pro, but I was wondering if the is a program suited for RE rehabs and the investor.

Thanks

Ugh, I wish there were.  Unfortunately you need to use something that your accountant can work into their process so I am currently shackled to QuickBooks Pro.  If you get some other good suggestions, I would love to hear them as well.  I have the same problem.

QuickBooks is total OK by users I know for flip and rentals.  You can record, view and analyse and use QuickBooks for cost accounting, cost segregation, budget, forecast and more.

Check the post http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/80/topics/141104-quickbooks-2014

I have been looking at Rehab costing spreadsheets available on line. I came across this program which costs between $100 and $300 (approximately depending on features). It seems very complete and certainly provides a costed plan to figure what a rehab will cost. It also features all types of costing, management and financial spread sheets to totally cost a rehab from purchase to flip or hold. Anyone have experience with this? See link: http://www.houseflippingspreadsheet.com

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.