• New to Real Estate
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Is being overly ambitious bad?

Dorian Jones
  • New to Real Estate
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Jun 27 2017, 09:39
Hello BP family. Let's get right to it. I've always been an ambitious go getter since I was a kid. Never followed the pack always stood alone and wanted more than the average. I grew up in a low income area, but always ventures out to discover more. It expanded my mind at a young age and instilled the mentality of, "if they can get it, I can too". I had no one to share my goals and visions with because they were stuck in the "poor, only rich people can have these things or do this and that mindset". It never discouraged me. As I get older I want more and my goals grow. I started running a clothing brand and learned a lot from my venture. I learned marketing, customer service, social media marketing and a lot more. I recently put it on hold because it was growing and I needed more capital to continue to expand. I've always wanted to become a REI and always thought that I need a lot of money to do so until I started researching and it just went on from there. Reading books, listening to podcasts, going to events, etc. I'm a GO-GETTER, my mentality is, I come from nothing, so I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. A few of my short and long term goals are(no particular order): -invest full time -have an expansive rental portfolio -run a successful investing company, closing at least one deal per week -speak to people about wealth(motivational speaker -continue growing my clothing brand -develop an island in Fiji -write a book -open a Rec center in my old neighborhood that teach the kids different things besides gangs, violence, and drugs -own part of an NBA team Most people will tell me that I want to do too much, but I have it planned out with a timeline of when I want to achieve these things. There will always be alterations to your goals, I don't expect it to go as planned. I am working hard on achieving one goal at a time and I WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN. This is just me venting, sometimes you need the encouragement from others, whether that be someone telling you to go for it or the person that isn't as ambitious and say "you can't do it all". I am very appreciative of everyone's POV. Thank you and sorry if the post is too long.

Loading replies...