Votes
Kevin Rea
  • Menomonee Falls, WI
Votes |
Afraid to make the leap ... I need insurance and exit strategies

Kevin Rea
  • Menomonee Falls, WI
Posted Nov 2 2017, 17:09

I am considering a business idea that includes buying real estate around my area and converting them to rent-able offices and/or data centers for leasing out computing power.  My biggest worry is that I plan on buying a bunch of computers/servers that need to run constantly.  I will have 2 big purchases to start out - the real estate and the computer equipment.  Of course I would want to have as little risk as possible, so I would want to get loans for these purchases.

My question is what is the best strategy for protecting the equipment and what kind of exit strategy would be the best?  Does anyone have experience with Business Interruption Insurance?  Would that cover any lost business income if my servers/computers are offline?  Is there anything else I should do to lower my initial risk?

I am really new to this, so assume I know nothing. My basic feeling is that the bank would take over the computers and real estate and sell them ... and I would take a credit hit. And of course I would create an LLC so that the business is separated from my personal property.

Loading replies...