• Atlanta, GA
Votes |
"It's 2018. Whatcha Gonna Do About It?" - February Recap

Michael Ehmann
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Mar 4 2018, 09:28

Excited to provide this month's update. 

At the beginning of January, Brian Burke started a thread titled "It's 2018. Whatcha gonna do about it?" In an effort to keep myself accountable to the goals I set in Brian's thread, at the beginning of each month, I am going to start a thread recapping my previous month with the purpose of reviewing:

1. What I accomplished in the previous month to help me achieve my goals.
  2. Where I fell short of my goals last month.
  3. What I plan to tactically do this month to drive towards my goals. 

I invite others to join me in posting each month as a way for us to hold ourselves accountable and to also know that others will see what we have achieved, where we have fallen short, and what we plan to do going forward. 

First, what I accomplished in February:

• Got connected with several wholesalers in Atlanta. I'm starting realizing what I've heard people say for a while: the MLS may have some opportunities, but most of the stuff on the MLS isn't going to work.
  • Viewed several properties in person with my agent and brought one contractor onsite to give a quote (working on getting another one there to get a second opinion, but I don't think the numbers will end up making sense)
  • Figured out financing and how I will be able to make a deal work when I find a deal. 
  • Purchased and began my online real estate license course (via Kaplan). 
  • Started getting connected with contractors for when I do find an opportunity.
  • Got connected with a few more folks on BP and am meeting up with someone soon to chat about real estate. 

Second, where I fell short:

• Did not do a good job attending local Atlanta REIA events. For some I was out of town, but there were at least 1 or 2 which could have gone to but just didn't. At the end of the day, I need to be more disciplined and go if I am able, even if I don't necessarily feel like it that day in particular.
  • Wasn't quite as active on the BP forums the second half of the month. Part of this was because I was focusing on other RE activities, but it could still be better. 

Third, goals for next month:

• "Analyze" (at a very high level) at least 10 properties per week, be it MLS deals or deals I'm getting from a wholesaler.
  • Visit at least 4 properties over the month to seriously evaluate the opportunity (hopefully it will be more than 4, but this is the minimum). 
  • Get connected with at least 1 more wholesaler and 3 more contractors to improve deal flow and increase likelihood of being able to move on an opportunity. 
  • Complete at least 10 more hours on my real estate license course. 
  • Be a little more active on the BP forums - a few hours a week. 

Link to last month's update. 

@Damir Kamber and @Erik Anderson: how'd you guys do? 

Loading replies...