How Can I Track Whether People We Contract to Make Calls Are Really Making Calls?

How Can I Track Whether People We Contract to Make Calls Are Really Making Calls?

Detroit, MI · Member since 2012 · 170 posts · 21 votes

I'm considering hiring someone to make preliminary screening phone calls to our leads using a script.

My concern, however, is tracking their progress, and making sure that they're actually calling everyone.

If I give them a list of 100 names and numbers, how can I possibly track that they're actually making calls?

In my mind, they could very well (for example) just call 15 of the 100, and say that they called all 100, and that they left voicemails for the remaining 85.

Is there anything I can do other than just trust that they're actually making calls?

I plan on giving them a spreadsheet, where they'll document who they called, and who they left voicemails for.

Thanks

0Reply
44 views

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    13y

    You have to slip in some "control" numbers, ones that belong to your trusted people who will notify if the call came as stated by your out-sourced caller.

  • Residential Landlord · Chicago, IL · Member since 2012 · 356 posts · 81 votes
    13y

    Just ask for a call log if they're using their own phone. If using your phone you can easily pull records and cross check a few numbers with our printed list.

  • Detroit, MI · Member since 2012 · 170 posts · 21 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Steve Babiak:
    You have to slip in some "control" numbers, ones that belong to your trusted people who will notify if the call came as stated by your out-sourced caller.

    I absolutely love that idea.

  • SFR Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2009 · 484 posts · 181 votes
    13y

    Google voice is great if you want to see what the tone & demeanor of any voicemails are.

  • Detroit, MI · Member since 2012 · 170 posts · 21 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Dave Meyer:
    Just ask for a call log if they're using their own phone. If using your phone you can easily pull records and cross check a few numbers with our printed list.

    I won't be providing the phone. How can I get a call log without waiting for their cellphone bill to come in the mail?

  • Residential Landlord · Chicago, IL · Member since 2012 · 356 posts · 81 votes
    13y

    Providers website. They can download a list of all calls showing time, number called, length of call (proves they actually left message/talked to someone).

    You could require this in order to get paid

  • Detroit, MI · Member since 2012 · 170 posts · 21 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Mark H.:
    Google voice is great if you want to see what the tone & demeanor of any voicemails are.

    Would you be so kind as to elaborate on your suggestion? I don't get what you're saying.

    Are you saying that the numbers I "slip" into the list here and there (that are really going to people I know) should be Google Voice numbers, so that I can hear what they sound like when they leave voicemails for people on the list?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    When I had 16 cold callers we had a rule. 3 strikes you're gone. Three days in a row without a solid appointment they work somewhere else. And we had a great call log.

    email me and I'll send you a copy

  • Detroit, MI · Member since 2012 · 170 posts · 21 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Dave Meyer:
    Providers website. They can download a list of all calls showing time, number called, length of call (proves they actually left message/talked to someone).

    You could require this in order to get paid

    Great idea.

  • Detroit, MI · Member since 2012 · 170 posts · 21 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Michael Quarles:
    When I had 16 cold callers we had a rule. 3 strikes you're gone. Three days in a row without a solid appointment they work somewhere else. And we had a great call log.

    email me and I'll send you a copy

    Just did. Thanks.

  • SFR Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2009 · 484 posts · 181 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Alvin Grier:
    Originally posted by Mark H.:
    Google voice is great if you want to see what the tone & demeanor of any voicemails are.

    Would you be so kind as to elaborate on your suggestion? I don't get what you're saying.

    Are you saying that the numbers I "slip" into the list here and there (that are really going to people I know) should be Google Voice numbers, so that I can hear what they sound like when they leave voicemails for people on the list?

    You can slip in a few numbers for friends & associates who will actually answer the phone.

    You can also slip in some google voice numbers to see what voicemails they leave sound like. If you set-up google voice accounts, you'll get a playback of the message in your email. That voicemail is basically a sales call - is it persuasive, or just someone reading off a script? Phone jockeys are the lowest of the low, but some people *really* put in an effort and implore you to call *right now* - those are the people you want on your team.

    I worked in a call center for eight years... It isn't really possible to put it on paper, but you'll know it when you hear it without any doubt.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.