I have a GOAL to become an accredited investor

4 Replies

There, I said it...and wrote it.  I believe in goal setting as I am sure most of you all do too.  

My husband and I have been successfully implementing a Live-In Flip strategy; with these experiences the time has come to invest in other opportunities (including ones where we do not have to live on the job site). It feels amazing to have these past properties bring us to where we are today and have given us a firm foundation to move on to the next level.  

We have set this plan into action; step by step. This post is a part of that plan- where it will live online forever (so I guess no take backs).

Here is my ASK: Would anyone be willing to share their approach to becoming an accredited investor, the benefits they have personally seen or actionable advice to meeting the right people?  This is new territory and I feel like I am a very small fish.  

*Disclosure- since this will be posted for years to come- feel free to check in to hear about my progress.  It will either keep me accountable (aka give me a kick in the a$$) or give me the opportunity to share my success! 

Grateful for this community and the ability to meet people who share similar goals!

@Jonathan Styer I believe in this case the reference to “accredited” investor is the the term used for high net worth individuals, I think it’s a gross income of 200k or a couple other qualifications. But essentially that gets you access to funds like open door capitol. And that’s the only reason I know this is because I want to invest there but I don’t qualify as accredited.

@Jonathan Styer - Accredited Investor term is used by the SEC and refers to investors who are sophisticated and have a reduced need of protection provided by regulations.  The individual has to meet certain criteria to be classified as accredited. Once an investor meets these standards, more opportunities are available, although they will be at a higher risk- they will also be higher reward.  I am still in the beginning phase of educating myself.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you