How to househack/ Would that be a good place to start with RE?

How to househack/ Would that be a good place to start with RE?

Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes

Who else is excited for 2022?

I know I am... I've stashed enough money and been working on everything in the back end to be able to purchase my first property this year before my 25th birthday. Now I want to learn all there is to making my first deal. What books to read, resources, people, anything to help me go into this first deal with some insight as to what I'm doing. 

My goal is to start through house hacking once my leads ends. 

Would appreciate any help or tips I can get. 

0Reply
11 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2014 · 741 posts · 424 votes
    4y

    @Kefrene Zakpa Start searching for a lender. There are lenders who lend to property investors and offer low down payments for owner occupied properties. Choose an area where people want to live - like yourself -  so that you will have a pool of tenants to keep your place full. I bought a 4 unit property and live in one unit. My tenants/neighbors pay rent and it is enough for to pay the mortgage, taxes and insurance, plus a wee bit that I set aside for repairs. Another model is to take the master lease of a single family and find roommates for each of the bedrooms, signing a lease with each person. You choose.

  • North Richland Hills, TX · Member since 2019 · 156 posts · 80 votes
    4y

    You can get an FHA loan if you are qualified for that and either buy a small MF or just get a house and rent out all the other rooms.

    Make sure that even if you are moving out of the property, you are still cash flowing positively.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.