Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 2 votes
Hi, my name is Caleb. I am 20 years old and just moved to Florida from California last month to pursue my Real estate goals. Right now my main goal is to acquire a property to be a rehab rental with in the first half of 2022( On Market Or Off Market). I have been pre- approved now its just about acquiring the right deal. I am also doing wholesale real estate, fix and flips, and J.V. deals. That is kind of a background my main question is, does anyone have any knowledgable tips for someone just starting out in the industry or is anyone willing to have a conversation to share knowledge/experience it would be hugely appreciated.
Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
4y
That's a pretty broad question.
My $0.02 is that you need to figure out what you want to focus on and then focus on it. If you keep bouncing around, you'll never be really good at anything.
Figure out your purpose. Are you just looking for extra cash, do you want to escape your W-2 job, or are you just looking to sock things away so you can live well later in life? Knowing what your real goal is should help you focus on the appropriate vehicle to get there.
Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
4y
That's a pretty broad question.
My $0.02 is that you need to figure out what you want to focus on and then focus on it. If you keep bouncing around, you'll never be really good at anything.
Figure out your purpose. Are you just looking for extra cash, do you want to escape your W-2 job, or are you just looking to sock things away so you can live well later in life? Knowing what your real goal is should help you focus on the appropriate vehicle to get there.
Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 2 votes
4y
Im sorry it was definitely a broad question, it was my first one so I didn't want it to be too specific. However, to respond to your question I have a good idea on where I am attempting to go. I want to start in single family residential rental space, the strategies I intend to implement are house hacking and the brrrr method for a good amount of deals. From there start to roll into bigger properties. Then Network with private capital investors (family and friends etc.)and buy buildings.Begin to get into the private equity space now because I have a timeline/resume. This is also super broad as well because I am not going to reveal my complete in depth plan on the internet, however connect with me and id love to explain my thoughts in more depth Nathan.
Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2021 · 65 posts · 53 votes
4y
Hello Caleb! Central Florida is a great place to start investing, especially if your goal is equity and appreciation. There is also a lot of rehab and rent opportunities in some areas in Orlando that despite having lower appreciation rates they still have low vacancy rates.
Atlanta, GA · Member since 2021 · 493 posts · 162 votes
4y
It can be helpful to have some base metrics to help filter out target markets. Depending on your strategy and goals some good metrics can be; population growth, rent growth, income growth, job growth and job diversification. These can help identify and determine runway of a growth market. Hope these are helpful as you get started.