Starting out in the South Carolina area

Starting out in the South Carolina area

Member since 2021 · 14 posts · 3 votes

Hello, Fellow Men and Women Investors

My name is Marwan I recently got married. I recently moved back home with my parents and another thing my wife lives out of country. This year I'm planning to buy a home for us together in upstate, South Carolina before she come to stay, I would like to acquire a few assets before or whenever she gets here, we both don't have any children of our own but that will soon change once she gets here. Been in the real estate space going into my fifth year. Started my LLC at the start of this journey over the years I done quite a few of almost deals that did not make it to closing table. Nope, no first deal as an investment yet However, I am ongoing progress of growing my team. Particularly, in the South Carolina market would like to expand to other markets across the nation.

I would like to mention my finance background.

IU Life policy that had increasing every year. Cash Available 20k

My credit cards to income ratio is a little high because of debts.

Credit cards limits 10k available could be more

Student loans 90k 

Loan 1 and 2 all together 24k 

This is all I have on my financial background.

Since I'm in my early forties I know who I am as a person when it comes to my value and what I can bring to the table. Integrity and trust are my company's motto. I would like a more hands approach with an individual who specializes in syndication for multifamily deals. Older veteran that has skin in this space and can prove his or her skills. I would like the opportunity to add my value to a relationship. It appears my value is not much but can easily change with a few deals. I'm willing to work for free only if I'm able to negotiate an equitable position based on the deal. Would love to talk or email more if you would like and see if I'm a good fir or vice versa for each other.

Thanks, Marwan Rollison

I really know that this is all about relationships and building is what I lack right now. Please, read thoroughly before responding. 

1Reply
20 views

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2021 · 263 posts · 122 votes
    4y

    Hey Marwan and welcome to South Carolina! If you're in the upstate, I would highly recommend attending the REIA group there. They do a fantastic job and it's well attended. You will likely be able to make some great contacts there.

    https://www.upstatecreia.com

  • Austin Grant McDowellBusiness Member
    Realtor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2015 · 88 posts · 43 votes
    4y

    @Marwan Rollison excellent post and welcome back to the upstate! Analyzing and finding the right deals out there is very crucial and joining the REI local groups out of Greenville would be an excellent start as @Cody Lewis mentioned. There is a Facebook Group that is pretty well known in the Greenville area as well called 'Greenville SC Real Estate Investors' and they also meet up quite frequently. 

    Best of luck on your home search and if you ever need any questions answered about a home or the area please don't hesitate to reach out. I've been in the real estate world for 8 years and love helping others get into the value of owning real estate! 

    Keep it up! You'll get there. 

    McDowell Real Estate Team4.943 Reviews
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Piedmont, SC · Member since 2018 · 119 posts · 50 votes
    4y

    @Marwan Rollison welcome back to the upstate. As the other post mentioned. Check out the fb pages and upstate creia. There’s a meeting Monday night if ur free. Opens at 6 and meeting starts at 7. Some of the local guys are talking about getting leads and following up. It’s a great way to start building some relationships. I’ll probably be going to the meeting so if u have any questions just reach out. Good luck. 

  • Member since 2021 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    Thank you, 

    For replying to my message John H. and Austin M. I'm very familiar with the local group I have attended and joined many years ago before I started my LLC. I think I may give them another chance and I do still receive emails daily to the date from them. However, do you know of other groups I can try would you recommend?


    Thanks,


    Marwan Rollison

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Piedmont, SC · Member since 2018 · 119 posts · 50 votes
    4y

    @Marwan Rollison if you look in the meetup section on bigger pockets u will find one of the local Greenville meetups. They should have a meeting coming up the first week in February. Great group of people there too. 

  • Specialist · Johnson City, TN · Member since 2021 · 139 posts · 146 votes
    4y

    You need to work on that 90k on student loan debt! It is going to be an anchor around your neck. 

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2021 · 493 posts · 162 votes
    4y

    Welcome to the forum Marwan and congrats on getting started!

  • Member since 2021 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    Hello,

    @Cody Lewis Thank you for responding to my message yes I have and was a member here at the local RE club for 2 years. However, I will give them another try soon. 

    Thank again, 

    Marwan R. 

  • Member since 2021 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    Hello,

    Thank you @Cameron Braig. 

    Marwan R

  • Member since 2021 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    Hello, 

    I know @Don Gouge this can eliminate quickly with a few deals. Thank you for your comment.

    Marwan R.

  • Member since 2021 · 14 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    Hello, 

    @Autsin McDowell thank you for replying to message. I want to ask do you have or come across 2 - 4 units properties in the Spartanburg area. If so, how often and could you add me to your email list my info is in my profile page for anything that you may come across depend on the property itself and location I may use as a primary or investment.

    Thank you, 

    Marwan R

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.